Another Cowboys season down the tubes.

Making that money!
cowboyz

Another Cowboys season down the tubes.

Postby cowboyz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:42 am

I still don't blame Romo, he is who he is and management should realize that by now. Only 4 QB's in the league can carry their team in these big games (Brees, Manning, Brady, Rodgers)... Romo isn't on the list but they keep putting everything on him. The other 28 teams must play defense and have a legitimate running threat to compete. This wildcard weekend the first three games only 1 offensive TD was scored by the losing team and none of the four scored more than 14 points (the 14 being scored on Washington's first 2 drives who then was shut out the last 3 quarters) Teams are winning with defense.

Dallas is 31st in rushing and dead last in interceptions in the league, don't blame Romo for that. He'll never be Brady or Manning, but we have an idiotic organization that expects him to throw 45 times a game and carry the rest of the mediocre team as if he is.

If we had not wasted first rounders on Carpenter, the Williams Trade, Felix Jones, etc. back to back a few years ago and instead drafted pro bowl offensive line and interior D line which were readily available at those points in the draft they would be mid career studs and we would have a serious contender at this point. Middle pressure causes picks (see Romo in Washington game) we need hosses at nose and DE that we don't have. Got to start with that now. My dream draft would be for an elite Tackle to fall to us first round, then pick up a legitimate Nose Guard, OG/C, and safety in round 2-4 then find a project QB in 5th and best available 6th. If tackles are gone pick up elite Off. Guard Chance Warmack from Alabama in 1st and go from there.

dogfan1
Administrator

Re: Another Cowboys season down the tubes.

Postby dogfan1 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 am

It starts and ends with the line play, I agree. But as long as the idiot in charge keeps choosing ticket seller 1st round picks we are doomed.

cowboyz

Postby cowboyz » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah, it's hard to hold out much hope. This is a really deep draft on offensive lineman and cowboys could pick up two solid starters with probowl potential if they had the will and did their homework. Along with Smith that could lay the offensive foundation for a decade. I think they're close on defense if they can get Spencer back and have Ware and Ratliff put together a coupl more decent years. They badly need a legit nose tackle, free up Lee and Carter and help pressure from the middle. If the get that this year, they could make it back to the playoffs and possibly even get a win or two. Our GM has not shown that sort of competence so I'm not holding my breath.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Thw fact that people/fans r surprised..is what amazes me..i sd 8-8 last 2 yrs before season and they have not failed to disappoint

Return to “Pro Football”