LA Rams owner purchases 520K acre Waggoner Ranch

Making that money!
Windthorstfan

LA Rams owner purchases 520K acre Waggoner Ranch

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:25 pm

Stan Kroenke pays $725 million for the 520,000 acre ranch that is located in North Texas. It's the largest ranch in the US within one fence. Besides owning the Rams, he also owns the Denver Nuggets, the Colorado Avalanche, the Colorado Rapids and 2/3 of Arsenal FC. His fortune is valued at $6.8 billion.

With 6,800 head of cattle, the Waggoner is one of the 20 largest cattle ranches in the U.S. and is known worldwide for its quarter horses, which number 500. The ranch also has 1,000 oil wells, 30,000 acres of cropland, and an abundance of deer, quail, feral hogs, waterfowl, and other wildlife. The ranch currently does not allow commercial hunting. It is thought that leasing the land to hunters can bring in millions of dollars a year.

I know oil prices are down but much of the land has not been explored and the Waggoner family retained 25% of the mineral rights.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015- ... -for-sale/

Cottontop

Re: LA Rams owner purchases 520K acre Waggoner Ranch

Postby Cottontop » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:05 am

The fastest way to lose money is to become a farmer.

hardrockers

Re: LA Rams owner purchases 520K acre Waggoner Ranch

Postby hardrockers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:09 am

I heard through the grapevine that over the last few months, some of the Heirs to the fortune were taking all their buddies they could hunting on the land because they were going to be selling it. As far as I know, outside of the occasional Helicopter Hog Hunt, they haven't really hunted deer much in a long long time.

Return to “Pro Football”