SuperBowl or SuperThud 2015

Making that money!
WindthorstDad

SuperBowl or SuperThud 2015

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:20 am

Second down on the 1-yard line you run Lynch! If you do pass, then you throw the back corner fade or the back of the end-zone throw to insure only your guy can catch it. You NEVER throw it into the middle of the defense. I am a Dallas Cowboy fan but this flub is on the Seahawks OC for calling the play and the HC for NOT overruling him. AGAIN - it was second down folks; call smart plays and execute. Geez. ~x(

Good thing this wasn't the Cowboys or I'd probably have written a full page rant. :))
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

Bonecrusher
Donating Member 16/17

Re: SuperBowl or SuperThud 2015

Postby Bonecrusher » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Yeah, with enough time to run 2 plays they had options:

1. (Windthorstdad's option) Lynch tries to slam it in. If he's stopped call a T/O and then throw a pass but let the receivers spread the D out a little and try to get position on the DB's/LB's
2. Line up showing run, fake to Lynch and Wilson keeps it himself. If that doesn't work, see above.
3. Shotgun/pistol and read option where Wilson keeps it if the D-line shuts down the inside. If not successful, call a T/O and pass the ball as stated above.
4. If you really feel the need to throw, receivers run patterns like desribed above or maybe Wilson rolls out. Anything to spread the defense out as much as you can and keep as many of their hands away from the ball. Can't chance it
throwing into the middle of THAT defense.

Of course we can all make the right calls from the comfort of our couch/recliner. At least it wasn't a blowout.

bluedawg
Donating Member 16/17

Postby bluedawg » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:18 pm

If they were going to throw it they should have had a better WR run the slant. I think I read the one they used had only cousht like 17 passes all year and here really didn't go after the ball very hard.

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:12 pm

bluedawg wrote:If they were going to throw it they should have had a better WR run the slant. I think I read the one they used had only cousht like 17 passes all year and here really didn't go after the ball very hard.

Ricardo Lockette is 3rd string at best. A special teams guy really. Has good speed but no brain.

Return to “Pro Football”