Texas Tech

Where dreams are made every Saturday!!
Eagle 1
Administrator

Texas Tech

Postby Eagle 1 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Good grief......seven years and seven different DC's. The problem with their defense is that ALL of the players are SCARED to hit anybody. I find this inexcusable with all the talent in the panhandle from teams like Canadian, Stratford, and New Deal. Recruit some local players that will lay the wood and not RUN from the ball carrier. x_x
They look like a bunch of jr high players. :shock:
Defense wins Championships!

hardrockers

Re: Texas Tech

Postby hardrockers » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:10 am

If Tech started routinely recruiting players from 2a teams, I would find a new college team to support. The occasional STUD (Reginald Davis) is different than just any ole all-stater from 2a. Most 2a all staters wouldn't see the field on most 5a and 6a teams in the state. I played 2a ball, was an all stater playing 2a ball, and I played college ball, and it is pretty obvious how much better and more developed a lot of the larger school players are. When you only play 1 sport 12 months of the year, it makes a big difference.

Going the other way, I know kids that would have been on the Sophomore C team at 5a schools, that come to 2a schools and start on the varsity, and make a difference.

Nothing against all of those 2a guys that think they are going to go play Division 1 Football, because you very well may do it, but it is a long uphill climb to get there .

Eagle 1
Administrator

Re: Texas Tech

Postby Eagle 1 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:12 pm

I was just throwing out a few of the smaller schools in the Panhandle, but my point is they need to recruit more defensive minded players. However, a little heart goes along way. I have seen players from smaller schools who played with more heart than the studs in 5A / 6A. ;)
Defense wins Championships!

Return to “College Football”