Dee Paul Leaves Tech

Where dreams are made every Saturday!!
bluedawg
Donating Member 16/17

Dee Paul Leaves Tech

Postby bluedawg » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:09 am

Scripps Newspapers

Former Munday stand­out Dee Paul won’t be re­turning to Texas Tech’s football team after spend­ing one season in Lubbock. Paul appeared in three games for the Red Raiders and made one tackle be­fore suffering a hamstring injury that kept the corner­back off the field. Paul re­ceived a medical redshirt in the spring.

The news was first re­ported Wednesday night by Rivals’ Chris Level. Paul said via text to the Wichita Falls Times Record News that it was a “miscommunication with the coaches” that led to him not returning.

Paul texted that he plans on enrolling at a college before the fall and that Midwestern State, Tar­leton State, Abilene Chris­tian and Angelo State were his options. All but ACU are Division II programs in the Lone Star Conference. “I have a couple of big Division I’s interested in me, but I’m not in them,” he texted.

Paul would have to sit out a year after transfer­ring, but he wouldn’t lose a year of eligibility. He was listed as a second­string cornerback on Tech’s depth chart after the spring.

“The next opportunity that I have I promise to make the most of it!” Paul posted on Twitter Tuesday. “I hold myself accountable for everything I’ve done.” Paul led the Moguls to the 2012 Class A Division II championship and also won 10 gold medals in state track as the Moguls claimed three consecutive state titles. After originally giving a verbal commit­ment to SMU, he chose Texas Tech over Tennes­see and Baylor at the end of his senior year.

acesfull

Re: Dee Paul Leaves Tech

Postby acesfull » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:29 pm

Not surprised really wish he cld find a good track school and go straight track. Just don't see him playing football for 4 yrs. Track he has a real chance at something special

Return to “College Football”