Lebron James

NBA, NHL, WNBA, CFL, Etc.....
Razorback
Boss

Lebron James

Postby Razorback » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:33 pm

Man I saw this just a few minutes ago and it is so sad.....

From Shannon Wilburn (runs a place that donates to needy people and a kids activity place that is awesome for the kids in Roby)
Reason #4659 that I do not like LeBron James: a sweet family here in our little town of Roby has a son who has been through countless surgeries and was granted a wish from the Make-A-Wish foundation. Bless his heart, he didn't really understand what the foundation was about, so when they asked him what he would wish, he said his wish was that he would not have to have any more surgeries. They explained to him what they meant, so he asked to meet his (then) hero, LeBron James. They made it happen, and he and his family along with 22 other children from across the country were flown to Cleveland. They fully expected to meet LeBron, but their dreams were quickly shattered by LeBron himself. LeBron stepped out on the stage, welcomed the kids and families, thanked them for being there, and within five minutes walked off the stage and left. The family told me everyone sat in stunned silence until the Make-A-Wish foundation people hurried from family to family apologizing. Each child received a shoe from LeBron; yes, ONE shoe. No autograph, no picture, no handshake, no nothing. The family said they were all happy and excited the entire way there, but afterwards everyone just sat in silence in the car back to the airport. LeBron had an opportunity to bring some joy to these kids (some are terminally ill), but he blew it big-time! I'm sure he's a busy man, but how long would it have taken to meet 22 kids?

Windthorstfan

Re: Lebron James

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Where is the like button!!! I always cheer for whoever he is playing against in the playoffs. I like seeing him "lose". I sure hope Make-A-Wish made it up to the families by giving them another Wish. What a travesty.

Return to “Pro Sports”