AffordableCare Act ( A.K.A. as Obamacare )

Where you can rant and rave, but BE CAREFUL do not break any of the rules.
H.TIGFAN

AffordableCare Act ( A.K.A. as Obamacare )

Postby H.TIGFAN » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:15 pm

How much would you pay.

I just found out that my rates are going to double for the lowest plan for Obamacare. :-q :mad:

Here is a chart to figure out how much you would pay.

http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calc ... -tobacco=0

dogfan1
Administrator

Re: AffordableCare Act ( A.K.A. as Obamacare )

Postby dogfan1 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:43 pm

Mine would go from 650 a month now to over 1,000 a month. No thanks

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:52 pm

Am glad I have decent coverage thru work and feel somewhat sure they don't want to change who is covered like some companies are doing. if I didn't have it, mine would be over 4k per year. Is that per person tho?
Gone from the the state but still keeping tabs on the place I covered for over a quaerter-century.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:20 pm

I work for a Fortune 500 company, the company is in the Top 200 companies so a fairly successful company. For our location alone we budgeted $2.1M to cover the company's portion of 265 employees health insurance cost. Here's a sobering thought, that will probably one day come to fruition but of course no one wants to be the first, instead of paying $2.1M why not just pay the fine of $1K per employee and put the $1.8M back in the company's pocket. Here's how staggering that number is for the company I work for - as whole the company has 30K employees, so roughly $240M a year in health ins cost - $1,000 fine per employee is $30M - thats more than $200M back in the stockholders pocket, a greater dividend. It will come sooner than later unless they fine companies more but then again who can afford to line Congress's pockets the way big business can.

tlbredemeyer

Postby tlbredemeyer » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:I work for a Fortune 500 company, the company is in the Top 200 companies so a fairly successful company. For our location alone we budgeted $2.1M to cover the company's portion of 265 employees health insurance cost. Here's a sobering thought, that will probably one day come to fruition but of course no one wants to be the first, instead of paying $2.1M why not just pay the fine of $1K per employee and put the $1.8M back in the company's pocket. Here's how staggering that number is for the company I work for - as whole the company has 30K employees, so roughly $240M a year in health ins cost - $1,000 fine per employee is $30M - thats more than $200M back in the stockholders pocket, a greater dividend. It will come sooner than later unless they fine companies more but then again who can afford to line Congress's pockets the way big business can.

... Now factor in replacing the number of employees that will leave due to the resultant $4k-$10k pay cut caused by the loss of company-provided insurance and your $200M savings just went down the toilet.
Of course, this is all theoretical since we all KNOW that no company is thinking this way :D :-?

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:49 pm

You say that but how many people now a days have a guaranteed pension. I see it in my company the benefits given to the new hires are not as good as what people who were hired 5 years ago, even their pay scale is different - getting paid up to $5 less an hour to do the same job and the top out rate is not as high either. Granted we are talking about people in a manufacturing environment where there options of jobs is limited to fast food restuarants, retail, or factory work. Don't think it won't happen.

Return to “Politics”