Muenster Hornets will be the 2A div 2 Champs!

Home of the toughest football in Texas
cowboyz

Muenster Hornets will be the 2A div 2 Champs!

Postby cowboyz » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:45 pm

And quite easily. That is all, just wanted to call it before the bandwagon gets overloaded.

Blackshirt

Re: Muenster Hornets will be the 2A div 2 Champs!

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Wow football talk. I actually agree. muenster has really got its athletic program going right now. I guess im supposed to say prayers to Teneha to knock off this great force of Muenster. But this is football and i know give all glory to god but I dont think he picks sides if who wins one way or another.

uncle

Postby uncle » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:54 pm

just like baseball, Albany not an easy out

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Yea Albany will not be an easy out. However I agree with Cowboy. Muenster off n def line is good size yes but they are athletic.
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

H.TIGFAN

Postby H.TIGFAN » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:42 pm

If you get by Albany, then you will have Wellington waiting on you. Way to much football ahead to talk about championship yet. Injuries could derail some teams.

tigerfan20

Postby tigerfan20 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:52 pm

A lot of football left in the season. There are several teams that could take it this year in my opinion Albany, Tenaha (my pick if it's not Bremond), Milano, Burton, Muenster and Bremond once they are healthy. That's just a few that have stuck out so far. I'm sure there are a few sleepers out there flying under the radar.
Last edited by tigerfan20 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:00 pm

1muenster 2teneha 3bre and thatsmond 4albany and thats about it folks.

cowboyz

Postby cowboyz » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:00 pm

I'm not from Muenster... just see the freight train coming. Could any of those things derail it? Sure... but they won't. The only regret I'll have about this post is that I didn't make it two weeks ago when I saw what was happening. Just livening things up a bit, see you back here on this thread come mid/late December. Good luck the rest of the season Hornets!

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Tenaha only has 1 e....since 1886.

MuensterBob

Postby MuensterBob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:09 pm

We haven't exactly faced the stiffest of competition. Howe is down, Pilot Point is down, and Kassen still has a ways to go at Valley View (they also had 11 kids with flu when they played us). I worry about how we'll respond in a 4th Q dogfight since it appears that we will have cruised through the first 10-12 games with relative ease before we meet up with the likes of Albany and Munday.

That said, this team has a lot of play-making ability and they're racking up impressive numbers against schools with 2-3 times our enrollment. Very talented on the perimeter and the McGrew kid is legit. He's about the one player that we really cannot afford to lose. Don't get me wrong, injuries at other positions would be a set back, but the thing I like about this team is that it can share the wealth.

McGrew has rolled up 1308 yards of total offense through four games. Our starting tailback, Stevens, who is a four-year starter, is also having a fine senior year thus far with 7.4 YPC and 227 receiving yards (32.4 yards per reception).

MuensterBob

Postby MuensterBob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Pigskin Swammy wrote:Yea Albany will not be an easy out. However I agree with Cowboy. Muenster off n def line is good size yes but they are athletic.

Albany is always tough. They're 3-0 against us since 2009.

We had a more talented team than they did in 2013 and they knocked us off 20-13 on the frozen tundra of Mineral Wells.

MuensterBob

Postby MuensterBob » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:16 pm

tigerfan20 wrote:A lot of football left in the season. There are several teams that could take it this year in my opinion Albany, Teneha (my pick if it's not Bremond), Milano, Burton, Muenster and Bremond once they are healthy. That's just a few that have stuck out so far. I'm sure there are a few sleepers out there flying under the radar.

Tenaha's speed is no joke.

They also have a very seasoned quarterback.

tigerfan20

Postby tigerfan20 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:22 pm

GreezyChef wrote:Tenaha only has 1 e....since 1886.

Dang I had it right the first time and second guessed myself.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:13 pm

MuensterBob wrote:We haven't exactly faced the stiffest of competition. Howe is down, Pilot Point is down, and Kassen still has a ways to go at Valley View (they also had 11 kids with flu when they played us). I worry about how we'll respond in a 4th Q dogfight since it appears that we will have cruised through the first 10-12 games with relative ease before we meet up with the likes of Albany and Munday.

That said, this team has a lot of play-making ability and they're racking up impressive numbers against schools with 2-3 times our enrollment. Very talented on the perimeter and the McGrew kid is legit. He's about the one player that we really cannot afford to lose. Don't get me wrong, injuries at other positions would be a set back, but the thing I like about this team is that it can share the wealth.

McGrew has rolled up 1308 yards of total offense through four games. Our starting tailback, Stevens, who is a four-year starter, is also having a fine senior year thus far with 7.4 YPC and 227 receiving yards (32.4 yards per reception).

We did have a bunch of kids with the flu when we played y'all but they were well enough to play. No excuses from Valley View though some of those kids were sick n puking the week we played Lindsay.. We took an ass whoopin n I wasn't going to get on here after the game n talk about flu bugs. I'm surprised you know about this cause not many people outside our community knew about it . Epperson missed two days of practice (Labor Day n Tuesday following). Jackson missed that Monday's practice. We were still able two have tough live practices the week we played Lindsay I think it helped n setting a physical tone that week

Muenster is very very good! I'm not picking them also just BC they beat us. I just think they are that good. There's no team I would rather beat , but that doesn't mean I'm not pulling for them to win it all the rest of the way this year .
Last edited by Pigskin Swammy on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Overall in 2A i would have 1 mason 2 mart 3 refugio 4 muenster(winning div.2) 5 abernathy/tenaha 7 albany 8 crawford 9 san augustine 10 centerville/shiner/post

lsg13

Postby lsg13 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:19 pm

MuensterBob wrote:
Pigskin Swammy wrote:Yea Albany will not be an easy out. However I agree with Cowboy. Muenster off n def line is good size yes but they are athletic.

We had a more talented team than they did in 2013 and they knocked us off 20-13 on the frozen tundra of Mineral Wells.

I was there and dang it was cold,this is a very good Albany team this year,we will find out how good next week against 3a powerhouse Cisco at the graveyard (Ciscos homefield)

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 pm

lsg13 wrote:
MuensterBob wrote:

I was there and dang it was cold,this is a very good Albany team this year,we will find out how good next week against 3a powerhouse Cisco at the graveyard (Ciscos homefield)

Cisco is not as solid this year as they have been in the past, but I still think this will be a good test for Albany as they certainly have the fire power with a great quarterback and two very good receivers.... The only thing that is certainly not in their favor is Cisco's size, that could give them some trouble... But nevertheless, this should be a good game.... Best of luck to both programs...
Last edited by HawleyRocks on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prayers For Our Hurricane Victims, Prayers of Health and Recovery For Casey @ Refugio **== **== **== **== **==

tigerfan20

Postby tigerfan20 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:44 pm

MuensterBob wrote:

How does this Muenster team compare to the team that played Bremond 2 yrs ago?

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Cisco is a great test for Albany. Hum coykd go either way. Cisco is down this year for sure. Albany could possibly win this one!!! Prediction Lobes 34 Lions 27.

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:12 pm

I must agree. Dist 8 is no longer a dogfight. Muenster has dominated for the last 7-8 years. This will be their best chance for a title before moving up to Div 1. How many seniors on this Muenster team? Should I get a ticket for the Kraut Bowl this year?

lsg13

Postby lsg13 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:08 pm

HawleyRocks wrote:
lsg13 wrote:
MuensterBob wrote:Albany is always tough. They're 3-0 against us since 2009.

Cisco is not as solid this year as they have been in the past, but I still think this will be a good test for Albany as they certainly have the fire power with a great quarterback and two very good receivers.... The only thing that is certainly not in their favor is Cisco's size, that could give them some trouble... But nevertheless, this should be a good game.... Best of luck to both programs...

I agree about Ciscos size in my opinion the main thing that Cisco had over Albany last year was depth,Albany had 17/18 players suited up Cisco had 30+ and were able to rotate,which is really important when you play very physical football like Cisco does

MuensterBob

Postby MuensterBob » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:12 pm

Goodknight wrote:I must agree. Dist 8 is no longer a dogfight. Muenster has dominated for the last 7-8 years. This will be their best chance for a title before moving up to Div 1. How many seniors on this Muenster team? Should I get a ticket for the Kraut Bowl this year?

We have 15 seniors this year, the biggest class in quite some time.

As you alluded to, this is sort of a make or break year for Muenster football's state title dreams. We'll be on the small end of Division I ball next season.

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:24 pm

I'd rather watch a Kraut Bowl than watch a bunch of millionaire athletes kneeling on the field. There will be no kneeling for the Anthem when these two teams meet. There will be effort, hard play, desire and good coaching on both sides. There may be kneeling for prayer after the game! Good luck to the Hornets and Knights.

MuensterProud

Postby MuensterProud » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:34 pm

I am not making any prediction or looking past other div 2 teams but IF Muenster was fortunate to win state then that would be state titles in baseball, basketball & football all in the 2017 calendar year. I am curious how rare of a feat this would be and I know some on this board probably would know the answer so I look forward to hearing your response.

threedognite

Postby threedognite » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Chuck Norris did it all 4 years, other than that I doubt it's ever happened.

Goodknight

Postby Goodknight » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:03 am

Windthorst Fan, where are you? Our stat man can tell you teams who have won 3 state titles in one year. Maybe more than you think, if you throw in girls sports.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Dont even count calender year. School year is september thru may

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Football then basketball then baseball in one school year would be hard. Basketball then baseball followed by summer off then football would be easier just because you would not have a shortened basketball season. Still hard either way. Dont forget about track!!

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:47 pm

no matter how you count it. (ROLLING OR CALENDER) ITS IMPRESSIVE !

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Canadian won Football and Basketball in the same school year a couple of years ago. They have off-season football, I mean track, and don't participate in baseball.

greenmogulfan2

Postby greenmogulfan2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:55 pm

Idalou won both b-ball and football in 2010-11 school year. Not sure about their success in baseball. Pretty sure they play it though.
Last edited by greenmogulfan2 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greenmogulfan2

Postby greenmogulfan2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:00 pm

I see that they lost in regional quarterfinals that year.

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Yes for sure its hard to do. Several have won in 2 sports but 3 is hard. I would say Muenster has best chance. Refugio could win in football and baseball but Lol on their basketball team. LOOK at maxpreps and last years team. You see where priorities are for sure.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:35 am

didn't Cayuga a few years ago win two sports

Blackshirt

Postby Blackshirt » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Although ranked # 1 still feel they are about #6 in all of 2A. Mason mart muenster refugio albany in that order in front.

cowboyz

Postby cowboyz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Albany win over Cisco was impressive even if they are down... might have to make their game with Muenster assuming my team is not still playing lol

MuensterBob

Postby MuensterBob » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:27 pm

cowboyz wrote:Albany win over Cisco was impressive even if they are down... might have to make their game with Muenster assuming my team is not still playing lol

Very impressive. Albany dominated them for four quarters despite having the size disadvantage.

MuensterBob

Postby MuensterBob » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:42 pm

Goodknight wrote:I'd rather watch a Kraut Bowl than watch a bunch of millionaire athletes kneeling on the field. There will be no kneeling for the Anthem when these two teams meet. There will be effort, hard play, desire and good coaching on both sides. There may be kneeling for prayer after the game! Good luck to the Hornets and Knights.

I think you hit on something important that goes beyond the whole national anthem circus. I think small town high school football could be the one last level of the game where players are not put on a pedestal. It seems to be the last place where kids still play purely out of their respect of the game. It sounds corny but I believe it to be true. NFL has gotten stale. There's hardly any passion there anymore and everything about it has been watered down- the style of play, intensity of rivalries, etc. College, too, has been transformed into a semi-pro league where players have no real loyalty to the school they play for. It's just a farm system for them to spend 3 years before they bolt to the league. And it all starts when they're blue chip recruits in 5A-6A high schools. They're worshiped and treated as divas.

Seems like 1A-3A high school football is the last place where you see guys playing completely out of their loyalty to their teammates.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 am

MuensterBob wrote:
Goodknight wrote:I'd rather watch a Kraut Bowl than watch a bunch of millionaire athletes kneeling on the field. There will be no kneeling for the Anthem when these two teams meet. There will be effort, hard play, desire and good coaching on both sides. There may be kneeling for prayer after the game! Good luck to the Hornets and Knights.

I think you hit on something important that goes beyond the whole national anthem circus. I think small town high school football could be the one last level of the game where players are not put on a pedestal. It seems to be the last place where kids still play purely out of their respect of the game. It sounds corny but I believe it to be true. NFL has gotten stale. There's hardly any passion there anymore and everything about it has been watered down- the style of play, intensity of rivalries, etc. College, too, has been transformed into a semi-pro league where players have no real loyalty to the school they play for. It's just a farm system for them to spend 3 years before they bolt to the league. And it all starts when they're blue chip recruits in 5A-6A high schools. They're worshiped and treated as divas.

Seems like 1A-3A high school football is the last place where you see guys playing completely out of their loyalty to their teammates.

The only passion you can count on is self promotion. Yes there are exceptions,Jason Witten, Dak Prescott, but the league is so surface hyped. Look at the pregame shows & how they are presented. I rarely watch NFL outside of the Cowboys now. If it weren't for corporate ticket sales I think this league would be in huge trouble . 30 years ago most of the people attending bought their tickets. Now I bet you that a huge portion of those people attending were given a ticket through their connections , corporation etc. Even a lot of those folks especially in the suites are not paying attention. A lot of them are not their for the game as much as they are for the spectacle. I can sum up the problem with the NFL like this.. The Cowboys enter & exit the field through a bar crowded by fans. HYPe, Hype & more hype

Return to “2A Texas Football”