Cushing / Hawkins altercation

Home of the toughest football in Texas
JacketPride

Cushing / Hawkins altercation

Postby JacketPride » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 am

Juts gonna' leave this here. I've heard a few things about what might have happened but not going to say until the facts come out.

http://m.kltv.com/kltv/db/330566/content/tMf6Psho

GreezyChef

Re: Cushing / Hawkins altercation

Postby GreezyChef » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:21 am

A Cushing assistant coach verbally abused a Hawkins player and a Hawkins assistant coach spoke up for the kid. The two assistants then squared up for a battle royale that resulted in coaches, players, teachers, fans, cheerleaders, mascots, tuba players, children, concessions workers, librarians, Trump supporters, dogs, cats and even that old man from down at the gas station engaging in the biggest brawl east texas has ever seen.

Cops came but were unable to break it up so they called in the National Guard out of Henderson Texas but fortunately by the time they arrived both teams realized that its JUST A GAME that neither school is very good at. Hands were not shaken though so obviously the only recourse is lawsuit cause Hawkins took two beatings that night. And we all know if you cant beat em, sue em.
down by the crossroads, thats where you'll find me.

threedognite

Postby threedognite » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:10 am

I heard it was a shadow boxing match with dance offs in the periphery.

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:20 am

threedognite wrote:I heard it was a shadow boxing match with dance offs in the periphery.

Thats about as accurate as the FNF 2a preseason poll.

Gray Ghost
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Gray Ghost » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:42 pm

GreezyChef wrote:A Cushing assistant coach verbally abused a Hawkins player and a Hawkins assistant coach spoke up for the kid. The two assistants then squared up for a battle royale that resulted in coaches, players, teachers, fans, cheerleaders, mascots, tuba players, children, concessions workers, librarians, Trump supporters, dogs, cats and even that old man from down at the gas station engaging in the biggest brawl east texas has ever seen.

Cops came but were unable to break it up so they called in the National Guard out of Henderson Texas but fortunately by the time they arrived both teams realized that its JUST A GAME that neither school is very good at. Hands were not shaken though so obviously the only recourse is lawsuit cause Hawkins took two beatings that night. And we all know if you cant beat em, sue em.

That reminds me of a game between Tenaha and Tatum, in Tatum, in the early 60's. I had just graduated and was a spectator. It was a heated contest and after the game as the teams were headed to the dressing room all hell broke loose. Being a lover, not a fighter, I'm watching the melee when someone knocks my Johnson into my watch pocket. Lesson learned, don't be spectator get the hell out of Dodge! I don't even remember who won the game!!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy........than to fumble THIS football",
John Heisman

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:12 pm

What dont make any sense is the team that won this highly contested match up of juggernauts is the team theyre claiming started the fight. I dont get it. Sounds like some ethnic Chechen rebel double shenanigans to me.

threedognite

Postby threedognite » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:14 pm

What does it say for Hawkins when you can't win the game and you lose the fight after the game? Do they at least have a good band?

GreezyChef

Postby GreezyChef » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:19 pm

threedognite wrote:What does it say for Hawkins when you can't win the game and you lose the fight after the game? Do they at least have a good band?

Idk but im sure both programs have been looking forward to baseball since August.

Return to “2A Texas Football”