Refugio fewer players

Home of the toughest football in Texas
Blackshirt

Refugio fewer players

Postby Blackshirt » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:26 pm

some of Refugio players are still gone because of hurricane. What challenges will they face?? Some starters wont be there so others for this game will have to step into those positions. 52 of 78 have returned.

ima puncher

Re: Refugio fewer players

Postby ima puncher » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Like your coach said earlier playing a game this Friday will at least get the guys and the fans minds off all that has been going on over the last 2 wks. In my opinion Refugio can go ahead and chalk up a victory regardless of the outcome of the game. Best of luck and prayers for your town.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:59 pm

ima puncher wrote:Like your coach said earlier playing a game this Friday will at least get the guys and the fans minds off all that has been going on over the last 2 wks. In my opinion Refugio can go ahead and chalk up a victory regardless of the outcome of the game. Best of luck and prayers for your town.

I absolutely agree here, that it is a win win that Refugio gets back to playing football... As for the 20 or so players that are not back, they may not be able to come back as their homes may be gone or damaged so much that it will take a lot of work to make them livable again... Then the other thing that could weigh in as the employment of their parents, do they still have jobs / places to work.... I hope and continue to pray for this community and continued strength as these families work hard to rebuild...
God Bless South Texas & Florida - Please Give to Hurricane Relief... **== **== **== **== **==

ganado
Donating Member 16/17

Postby ganado » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:37 pm

Of the 20 or so kids I would guess most of them come back by the next few weeks. There might be 6-8 kids who don't ultimately make it back on the field in Refugio.

Return to “2A Texas Football”