Introduce yourself!

Home of the toughest football in Texas
Steeler

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby Steeler » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Well. I'm a Three Rivers bulldogs fan born n raisesd as well, TR will be 1a this upcoming realignment so I'm looking forward to being a TR poster on this new site.
Dropping The Hammer for over 88 years
Playoff Bound 2012

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Welcome!

BigTexAggie

Postby BigTexAggie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:21 pm

How's it goin everyone my name is Austin, I am Formerly known on this board as BigTex06. I graduated from Normangee High School in 2006 and am now attending Texas A&M University pursuing my degree in Sport Management.. I may not post as often as i used to anymore but the love and compassion i have recieved from many of the posters on this site after my sister passed away there is no way i would ever leave. You guys are awesome and I plan on visiting much more often again now. Thanks and Gig Em!

Oh yea and anyone who played in the 1aTexasFootball Fantasy Football League this year.... Bow Down to your Champion! :-bd
Formerly known as BigTex06 Representing for Normangee Texas and the Fightin Texas Aggies
2011-2012 1ATexasFootball Fantasy Football League Champion!

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Have been doing the stats for the San Saba Armadillos for 25 years. With the Dillos going down to 1A div 1 dist 5 this fall, decided to check out this site.

Am (was) a site mod on Texas 2A football. Will see how things shake out because I expect the Dillos will stay 1A for 2 more realignments because of some small classes coming up.
Gone from the the state but still keeping tabs on the place I covered for over a quaerter-century.

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Steeler, I hope you give us a chance. We really are pretty nice people, unlike your 2A buddy claims! Welcome.
SSOriole, a pleasure having you here!

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Am proud of my record in game attenence. Since I started doing stats for the Dillos in the 1987 season, I have missed 2 games. One for church retreat in 1988 and other for death of mother-in-law in 2001. Have missed half of 2 others because of rain delay postponement and I had to deliver mail on Saurday. This includes playoff games. BTW, the school pays me with a district pass each year. I buy my own gas to all away games (was hard on trips to Sonora and Ozona). That is 250 regular season and 14 playoff games.
Gone from the the state but still keeping tabs on the place I covered for over a quaerter-century.

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:12 pm

Wow, that is impressive. I can see your pride in that post. Another die hard fan!

dillofan

Postby dillofan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:18 pm

new to this board, we (san saba ) just droped down to 1a, thought i would check it out

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Welcome to the board SS. You won't find any "hoodinis" over here.
Your game attendance is pretty impressive. Since 1993 I have probably missed about 5 Goldy games, 2 of them this past season.
With the price of gas, I just wasn't going to travel half across the state to watch them slaughter a couple of teams we played.
On the other hand, A1Eagle has probably not missed a Goldy game since the 60's. (when he got his 1st kitchen pass) LOL.
Defense wins Championships!

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:24 pm

The "Battle of the River" will definitely be important the next 2 years.

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:28 pm

dillofan wrote:new to this board, we (san saba ) just droped down to 1a, thought i would check it out

Tell some of the other Dillo fans about it as well. Not bad site.

Eagle 1
Administrator

Postby Eagle 1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:29 pm

ssoriole wrote:The "Battle of the River" will definitely be important the next 2 years.

Yes it will. :-bd
Defense wins Championships!

Steeler

Postby Steeler » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:13 pm

beaver gal wrote:Steeler, I hope you give us a chance. We really are pretty nice people, unlike your 2A buddy claims! Welcome.
SSOriole, a pleasure having you here!

Well I'm pleased to be here , the mods are very welcoming and I must say y'all have a very nice site as well. Good football talk is why I'm. Here. And hoodini is just mad because TR gave Refugio a good game lol.
Playoff Bound 2012

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:26 pm

I really thought ya'll would go South with redistricting. Ganado will be a long haul. Kenedy, Yorktown, Shiner--not so bad. Lot of posters from Shiner and Ganado on here to spar with, but you know that from the 2A board.

Philo Beddoe

Postby Philo Beddoe » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:45 pm

Welcome 2a guys, nice to have some new blood on here, and btw i frequent the 2a site and go by ShinerLight on there.

hornpride

Postby hornpride » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:04 pm

WE'RE BACK man its good to be back only problem is I lost all my previous post but oh well Don't have anyone playing yet got one on the way he's in third grade hopefully we stay here hope everyone been great we got Mason in our district so it will be tough, looking forward to next year
HARPER FOOTBALL

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Welcome home, hornpride! Glad ya'll are back in 1A. I'm sure Hook em will be making an appearance soon. If he can tear himself away....

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Welcome everyone!

hornpride

Postby hornpride » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 am

beaver gal wrote:Welcome home, hornpride! Glad ya'll are back in 1A. I'm sure Hook em will be making an appearance soon. If he can tear himself away....

Thanks Beaver gal looking forward to all the sparing and as far as hook em well he'll be on here shortly
HARPER FOOTBALL

Razorback
Boss

Postby Razorback » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 am

hornpride wrote:WE'RE BACK man its good to be back only problem is I lost all my previous post but oh well Don't have anyone playing yet got one on the way he's in third grade hopefully we stay here hope everyone been great we got Mason in our district so it will be tough, looking forward to next year

Looks like you have them to me LOL

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Attaboy Pig!

westTXflatlander

Postby westTXflatlander » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 am

just a wanderer....keeping up with football from amarillo down to brownwood!

dross

Postby dross » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Howdy Folks!
I'm a Three Rivers Bulldog Fan, not as long as Steeler.......since 1980. Had two boys play Bulldog Football in the 2000's and proud of the fact I never missed a single practice or game while my oldest son played. Missed a few practices when my youngest played. Don't go to as many games as I would like to anymore. Doubt I can make many of them in 2012 since my son plays at the next level. I've been a member on the 2A board for a few years and a moderator on another site. Not new to football forums but I'm a "NOOB" here............
"It's a GREAT day to be a Bulldog"™

dross

Postby dross » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:57 pm

beaver gal wrote:I really thought ya'll would go South with redistricting. Ganado will be a long haul. Kenedy, Yorktown, Shiner--not so bad. Lot of posters from Shiner and Ganado on here to spar with, but you know that from the 2A board.

I understand we have FC on our schedule before district starts. Or did I just repeat a rumor?

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Dross, didn't hear any news on our pre-district games yet. I don't have a child in school any more, but hadn't seen any talk on FB about it. I think playing ya'll will be a good game for us both. Glad you made it over. Honestly, we really are not that bad. :)

dross

Postby dross » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:18 pm

beaver gal wrote:Dross, didn't hear any news on our pre-district games yet. I don't have a child in school any more, but hadn't seen any talk on FB about it. I think playing ya'll will be a good game for us both. Glad you made it over. Honestly, we really are not that bad. :)

I asked our HC for the schedule, as soon as I get it I'll post it. I know this will be a great forum and I'm looking forward to the future. I also follow the Beavers, I have no choice because I work with a former Beaver Legend.........lol

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:20 pm

Glad to see you finally got "down here" dross. Was wondering when you would show. H.TIGFAN and myself already descended.

dross

Postby dross » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 pm

ssoriole wrote:Glad to see you finally got "down here" dross. Was wondering when you would show. H.TIGFAN and myself already descended.

I registered several times and never received my activation notice, I just figured hoodini ran this forum so I gave up. I sent TigFan a pm hoping I could get some help.....guess it worked!!

Truth be known, the last two alignments we should have been down here. Counting foreign exchange students that went home after Christmas threw a kink into that....

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Now you have my curiosity up, Dross. Who is that legend? Our pre-district schedule is rumored to be the following: Stockdale, Poth, Three Rivers, Jourdanton, Dhanis, Charlotte. Charlotte won't be any competition, but sometimes the open dates don't work for tougher teams. It'll give us a week to mend. And if that sounds a little confident, I'm only talking about Charlotte, not the other opponents.

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:47 pm

For the record, if you refer to Boss as being Hoodini, you might get booted. LOL

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:15 pm

dross, you should know by now that hoodini would NEVER, and i repeat, NEVER be associated with us "puny, weak" 1A schools. :))

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:30 pm

dross wrote:
ssoriole wrote:Glad to see you finally got "down here" dross. Was wondering when you would show. H.TIGFAN and myself already descended.

I registered several times and never received my activation notice, I just figured hoodini ran this forum so I gave up. I sent TigFan a pm hoping I could get some help.....guess it worked!!

Truth be known, the last two alignments we should have been down here. Counting foreign exchange students that went home after Christmas threw a kink into that....

I saw it and activated you. Welcome!

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Hoodini came on here a couple of years ago when FC beat KC. He used some rather descriptive language which we do not allow on this board. He did not play nice! He particularly loves me! I go over and spread a little cheer ever now and then.

Steeler

Postby Steeler » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:00 pm

dross wrote:Howdy Folks!
I'm a Three Rivers Bulldog Fan, not as long as Steeler.......since 1980. Had two boys play Bulldog Football in the 2000's and proud of the fact I never missed a single practice or game while my oldest son played. Missed a few practices when my youngest played. Don't go to as many games as I would like to anymore. Doubt I can make many of them in 2012 since my son plays at the next level. I've been a member on the 2A board for a few years and a moderator on another site. Not new to football forums but I'm a "NOOB" here............

What's up dross ,it looks like it's going to be just the two of us on this board as well.
Playoff Bound 2012

dross

Postby dross » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Steeler wrote:

What's up dross ,it looks like it's going to be just the two of us on this board as well.

I was a loner on 2a for a long time!! Glad there's another fan of the Bulldogs on here too!! I think we have a pretty good team coming back. Numbers will be small but they return some talent. It will be a tough schedule!!

Steeler

Postby Steeler » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:29 pm

dross wrote:
Steeler wrote:

I was a loner on 2a for a long time!! Glad there's another fan of the Bulldogs on here too!! I think we have a pretty good team coming back. Numbers will be small but they return some talent. It will be a tough schedule!!

Well if I had known about the 2a site, I would have registered years ago. They return some darn good talent their is two eighth graders that could start right now, the schedule will definitely be tough but TR has always played everybody hard, if these group of guys work hard in the summer and learn from the coaching staff it should be another successful season.
Playoff Bound 2012

dross

Postby dross » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Well if I had known about the 2a site, I would have registered years ago. They return some darn good talent their is two eighth graders that could start right now, the schedule will definitely be tough but TR has always played everybody hard, if these group of guys work hard in the summer and learn from the coaching staff it should be another successful season.[/quote][/quote]

The official schedule will be released at the end of the month, seen a tenative one today and pre-district looks pretty tough too.

hornpride

Postby hornpride » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:40 pm

Oh snap hadn't even noticed or you trying to pull a fast one Boss Hogg anyway thanks just looks better lol
HARPER FOOTBALL

Steeler

Postby Steeler » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:15 pm

dross wrote:The official schedule will be released at the end of the month, seen a tenative one today and pre-district looks pretty tough too.

I've seen it as well 4 games aginst 2a teams two scrimmages against 2a squads & it looks like the HC is looking for one more game.
Playoff Bound 2012

Doremonger

Postby Doremonger » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:19 pm

Albany native and followed them ever since. Been lurking on this site for about a year.

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:43 am

Welcome!

jlcman38

Postby jlcman38 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Well im new to the site. A big San augustine wolves fan. dropping from class 2a to class A. big st louis cardinals baseball fan, dallas cowboys and boston celtics fan

texasbob

Postby texasbob » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 am

I am the webmaster of TexasBob.com which includes the Football Stadium Database. I try to be a member of most of the Texas Football Boards. It helps me keep up with stadium information. If you every see an error or see a change that needs to be addressed on the Football Stadium Database, let me know and I can fix it. The make an update or change just click HERE fill out the form with as much information that is required and press send. I'll get right on it.

Thanks,

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Welcome!

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:21 pm

texasbob wrote:I am the webmaster of TexasBob.com which includes the Football Stadium Database. I try to be a member of most of the Texas Football Boards. It helps me keep up with stadium information. If you every see an error or see a change that needs to be addressed on the Football Stadium Database, let me know and I can fix it. The make an update or change just click HERE fill out the form with as much information that is required and press send. I'll get right on it.

Thanks,

I referenced your site in the topic about oldest stadium and someone mentioned about a couple of old stadiums not being used or being used by someone else (Mineral Wells).

Maybe you can check into that.

EAGLEBLOOD

Postby EAGLEBLOOD » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 am

Welcome to all the new posters to the site! Hope you enjoy all the fun we have during football season! It will be a lot of fun for us Eagle fans with the SS Dillos in our district! We are just as proud of our 1A teams as that idiot Hoodini is about his 2A teams! lol Tradition lives in the hearts of the Goldthwaite Eagles!
EXPECT TO WIN!

ValleyFan85

Postby ValleyFan85 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:41 am

Hello,
New to the new forum. Member since 09. I believe 1A kids show more heart , devotion and commitment to win than the upper divisions.
I'm supporter of all 1A schools in the Rio Grand Valley. 20 yr Navy vet. originally from McAllen but now leaving Northeastern Illinois. Football here does not compare to home(TEXAS) but it will do. Travel 40 miles round trip to see the nearest 1A school, Alden-Hebron Giants. They still use that ancient relic -the near-archaic and seldom-seen wishbone offense. Pure TEXAS smash mouth football galore!

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:21 am

Welcome!

EAGLEBLOOD

Postby EAGLEBLOOD » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 pm

ValleyFan85 wrote:Hello,
They still use that ancient relic -the near-archaic and seldom-seen wishbone offense. Pure TEXAS smash mouth football galore!

Goldthwaite runs that near-archic and seldom-seen wishbone offense! It has led to four state championships and two runner-ups! If you come to Texas, come to Goldthwaite and see it run Texas style!!
EXPECT TO WIN!

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:56 pm

In recent years, they run variations and broken bone more than true bone.

Return to “2A Texas Football”