Introduce yourself!

Home of the toughest football in Texas
EAGLEBLOOD

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby EAGLEBLOOD » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 pm

Variations yes, but the wishbone is still rolling strong! At least that is what I see at the games unless I'm mistaken! Our base offense is the wishbone with variations for sure. It works, don't you think?
EXPECT TO WIN!

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:13 am

what shocked me last year is that San Saba ran 75% is their plays from wishbone. Coach felt it was best way to use what he had against them Iggles. :)
Gone from the the state but still keeping tabs on the place I covered for over a quaerter-century.

EAGLEBLOOD

Postby EAGLEBLOOD » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:33 am

Gonna be another interesting game in that river battle! Lots of personnel changes for the Eagles at key positions. But like always, in Goldthwaite Eagle Tradition, we just reload and roll on! Let the bone roll!
EXPECT TO WIN!

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:15 pm

And this year, the game means something instead of a "practice non-district" game :)
Gone from the the state but still keeping tabs on the place I covered for over a quaerter-century.

Power M

Postby Power M » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:11 am

I am back at the 1A level but out of coaching...I am in administration at the school I love so I am one happy camper!! I know I will miss being on the sidelines but my old knees and back told me it was time to move on!! I am so happy to be back at 1A and back where we had so much fun and success I truly feel blessed!! And look out for the Maud Cardinals in the next several years...we are gonna be pretty salty...got some great classes coming up!!

Leon Jr

Postby Leon Jr » Thu May 31, 2012 4:49 pm

LeonJr is now in 1A...look out
Leon is good...Leon is a B.A.

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:44 pm

Welcome Leon Jr! Leon is good!

CoachHughes

Postby CoachHughes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Born and raised in TX, graduated from Mansfield, joined AF, engineer for 16 years, head coach in 6 man football schools for 5 years, now moving on to Hubbard. Can't wait to get started. Board looks great, nice conversations starting already. Leave 'em spitting Chiclets.
Football 24/7

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:05 pm

Glad to have you aboard, Coach. Hopefully, things will be picking up after Texas Football comes out in a couple of weeks.

tomahawk chop

Postby tomahawk chop » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Someone let TexasBob know that Comanche Stadium has new lights. That might be the last update he gets on Comanche Stadium for the next 25 years.

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Lights are changed, but did the refs? LOL Ganado wants to know!

tomahawk chop

Postby tomahawk chop » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Refs AND hamburger cooks remain the same so they will still horrible refs and the worst hamburgers in the state. Yeah, that was a good one last year. But, in defense of most of the Ganado posters, it was only a couple that complained about all that. Most of them are good folks.

beaver gal

Postby beaver gal » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Still cooking chicken soup when it's cold? Thank goodness you had it that one year!!! LOL

tomahawk chop

Postby tomahawk chop » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Yes. Did it on the home side this year and sold out of 60 gallons of chicken noodle soup. Who would have thought that to be a gametime food?

EaglesFly

Postby EaglesFly » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:36 pm

new to the board, but big fan of football. From valley view, and I always support the eagles! soar!

LSGridiron

Postby LSGridiron » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:00 am

I am one of the co-founders of Lone Star Gridiron. We both played at 2A Vanderbilt Industrial, but since launching LSG 8 years ago, we have come to love all the classifications, but there will always be a special place in our hearts for 1A & 2A.

Some of my favorite teams in the state are 1A and I make it a point to attend 1 or 2 games a year if I can find a great matchup in my area (was in Houston, but have been in Central Texas "Wimberley" now for the past five years.)
"Texas high school football - the greatest sport in the greatest state!" - Chris Doelle
[url]http://www.lonestargridiron.com[/url]

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:22 pm

LSG, you need to check out any game between San Saba, Goldthwaite and Mason. All are guaranteed wars.

Macattacker

Postby Macattacker » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:31 am

Hello all! I am very excited for the Hubbard Jaguar program this year. We hung with the mighty Tenaha Tigers in the 3rd round last year (first half that is) and a sophomore laden team gained valuable experience. The talented class of Juniors are deep (46 students) and have been together since the Pee Wee days when they had a few undefeated seasons. The Jags lost their QB and three on the offensive line. Defense is intact and will switch from a read and react to an attack style. New QB Casen Martin should improve throughout the season. He is a Junior as well and has been this groups QB through the years so chemistry should not be an issue.
Tough non-district games include Kerens, Italy, Valley Mills and Bosqueville. District will have some improved teams in Frost, Wortham, Meridian, and Dawson. The Jags will more than likely have to get past Tenaha, Mt. Enterprise, or Falls City to matchup with Munday and the powers on the other side of the bracket.
The only Seniors are at Center and All State RB Bradley Walker.

I graduated from Hubbard in 74 and have enjoyed watching my children perform. I lost one to college this year, but still have a Cheerleader and a WR!!

Macattacker

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:35 am

Welcome

spottedspeckledtrout

Postby spottedspeckledtrout » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:36 pm

ya, both harris and padilla in their power rankings have hubbard as the 2nd top team in region 3. both have tenaha slightly stronger

gladiator1995

Postby gladiator1995 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi Yall... Gladiator1995 here. Glad that Italy is back in with the toughest football in the State of Texas!

redman

Postby redman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am

Add 1 more TR bulldog to the roster.
I think the 2A board may all be over here before long...
“True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.”
C.S. Lewis

tiorey

Postby tiorey » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:21 am

Former Runge High School alum. Current Schaefer Light drinker / country music sensation.
Sometimes I write country music, most of the time I don't.

Hook

Postby Hook » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:50 pm

redman wrote:Add 1 more TR bulldog to the roster.
I think the 2A board may all be over here before long...
More members of the 2A board would sure make things more lively!!!! Spread the word.............

Jdesmuke

Postby Jdesmuke » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:24 am

Hi I joined first of last year. Not a big poster enjoy reading more. I live and graduated from Mart. All 5 of my daughters go toMart. My oldest was a cheerleader during the last State Championship. And currently have a soph. cheerleader and freshman. Like everybody else I love some high school football. Love some good smack talk but will be more than happy to give credit where credit is due. Ready for a great season from our Panthers! Bleed purple!
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”

Vince Lombardi

Jdesmuke

Postby Jdesmuke » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:25 am

Hi I joined first of last year. Not a big poster enjoy reading more. I live and graduated from Mart. All 5 of my daughters go to Mart. My oldest was a cheerleader during the last State Championship. And currently have a soph. cheerleader and freshman. Like everybody else I love some high school football. Love some good smack talk but will be more than happy to give credit where credit is due. Ready for a great season from our Panthers! Bleed purple!
“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”

Vince Lombardi

willfd55

Postby willfd55 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:08 am

Hello all. I just joined. I am a Munday Mogul. Moguls are like marines,once a Mogul always a Mogul. I live in Sanger Tx now but still root for the moguls every week. I think ! A football is better and more demanding then other classifications except 6 man. I love to read about other schools and hear the fans speak GOOD things about their team and other teams. I am all for friendly smack talk but not degrading. Anyway have fun.

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:13 pm

willfd55 wrote:Hello all. I just joined. I am a Munday Mogul. Moguls are like marines,once a Mogul always a Mogul. I live in Sanger Tx now but still root for the moguls every week. I think ! A football is better and more demanding then other classifications except 6 man. I love to read about other schools and hear the fans speak GOOD things about their team and other teams. I am all for friendly smack talk but not degrading. Anyway have fun.

Small world. I live in Sanger too. Wekcome!

Liondad

Postby Liondad » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:53 pm

I am a huge albany fan with one kid in high school now and two more coming up! Proud of Albany's tradition and consistent excellence. I believe Albany is the best small town in the U.S. of A.! GO LIONS!
Last edited by Liondad on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Cool. Welcome!

footballlogian

Postby footballlogian » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:49 am

I had an account and posted on the old forum, but didn't get into a big hurry in making the move to the new forum. I am a big high school football fan. Because of my job, I have to move around some, so I always attend and support the team in the town that I am currently living in. The past couple of years that has been a 2A school, so I haven't posted here, but I have been reading! My alma mater is Lindsay, so I follow them. And I have a lot of family in Muenster and some in Windthorst, so I follow them as well - even if it is grudgingly at times, lol! Merry Christmas

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Welcome!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 pm

I found the 1ATEXASFOOTBALL board this year and have really enjoyed the postings and decided it was time to take part myself. I graduated from Burkburnett High School in the early 80's but love 1A football. Began following the Windthorst Trojans/Trojanettes in 1984, after marrying a Windthorst girl, and I haven't missed a Trojan football game since 1995. Love the friendly camaraderie in the forums and the "lively" banter back and forth. :-)
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Welcome aboard.

PaulR

Postby PaulR » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Well I was looking around on forums and noticed that the New Deal Lions wasn't represented well on this sight so here I am. I am an avid High school sports fan. Been to most of the New Deal games this year. Made the Stratford/Anson game over the weekend. I have people in the office that ref High School and D1 and D2 Football. I used to coach and umpire on many softball and hardball teams in Little League. I have a daughter that is a up and coming star in softball. And my son has survived Jr High football this year.

claw22

Postby claw22 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Graduate of Class of 1990 in Goldthwaite. Will be older than dirt when my kids play sports. Nothing better than watching the Bone role and a stingy defense.....life don't get any better.

bluedawg
Donating Member 16/17

Postby bluedawg » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:59 pm

PaulR wrote:Well I was looking around on forums and noticed that the New Deal Lions wasn't represented well on this sight so here I am. I am an avid High school sports fan. Been to most of the New Deal games this year. Made the Stratford/Anson game over the weekend. I have people in the office that ref High School and D1 and D2 Football. I used to coach and umpire on many softball and hardball teams in Little League. I have a daughter that is a up and coming star in softball. And my son has survived Jr High football this year.

Welcome PaulR, we need more voices from the high plains.

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:09 pm

PaulR wrote:Well I was looking around on forums and noticed that the New Deal Lions wasn't represented well on this sight so here I am. I am an avid High school sports fan. Been to most of the New Deal games this year. Made the Stratford/Anson game over the weekend. I have people in the office that ref High School and D1 and D2 Football. I used to coach and umpire on many softball and hardball teams in Little League. I have a daughter that is a up and coming star in softball. And my son has survived Jr High football this year.

Are you from New Deal? I remember a playoff game in 1987 New Deal played in Abilene against San Saba. It was a good game, but the Dillos got out-coached in the 2nd half and New Deal won. The thing I remember most about that game was the fact that they had to play Abernathy the following week and those two just flat hated each other and had not played since a fight in the stands and on the field several years before.

PaulR

Postby PaulR » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:29 pm

ssoriole wrote:

Are you from New Deal? I remember a playoff game in 1987 New Deal played in Abilene against San Saba. It was a good game, but the Dillos got out-coached in the 2nd half and New Deal won. The thing I remember most about that game was the fact that they had to play Abernathy the following week and those two just flat hated each other and had not played since a fight in the stands and on the field several years before.

I graduated from Roosevelt ISD in 81. I moved from Mansfield back to Lubbock about 11 years ago to the New Deal District. These boys are the real deal this year. I would put our next game as a toss up against Stratford If we get our QB back up to game speed.I was at the Stratford Anson game and it was alot closer than the score showed. Those boys went down swinging, they just got wore down. That wont happen with New Deal they are too deep in every position.

Razorback
Boss

Postby Razorback » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:53 pm

Welcome to all the new arrivals!! Should be great football next year!!

khw1980

Postby khw1980 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Alright, here we go. In TX for 40 years until I had to move out west and am still there after 11 years. Played HS football, etc. at Crawford in late 70's. I arrange family and professional trips to TX to accommodate my high school football habit. Had nephews playing at Crawford until a couple of years ago. One daughter lives in TX now and another will go to school there shortly. My son is 10 and I hope to move back to Texas soon so he can play there.

I do high school football ratings and have been concentrating on 2A. I took last year off but if all goes well I hope to do at least the new 2A div 1 next year.

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:07 pm

khw1980 wrote:Alright, here we go. In TX for 40 years until I had to move out west and am still there after 11 years. Played HS football, etc. at Crawford in late 70's. I arrange family and professional trips to TX to accommodate my high school football habit. Had nephews playing at Crawford until a couple of years ago. One daughter lives in TX now and another will go to school there shortly. My son is 10 and I hope to move back to Texas soon so he can play there.

I do high school football ratings and have been concentrating on 2A. I took last year off but if all goes well I hope to do at least the new 2A div 1 next year.

I missed looking at those this year and will anxiously look forward to them next fall.

khw1980

Postby khw1980 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks ssoriole. I'll have to catch up on a lot of the new 2A div 1 teams--it's been awhile since I've paid much attention to 1A teams other than those that are followed in Waco paper.

ssoriole

Postby ssoriole » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Some of them you will have some knowledge of from when they were 2A schools. :))

PullinGuard

Postby PullinGuard » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:31 pm

Hello all. PG here. Hawley fan and alumni. Big homer and I'm looking forward to some old rivalry games again.

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:32 am

Welcome all!

coachmill52

Postby coachmill52 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:16 pm

1st Post. Been reading for two & one half years. Been coaching 39 years. Probably 1 more and then we will see.

dogfan1
Administrator

Postby dogfan1 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Welcome aboard coach!

Bonecrusher
Donating Member 16/17

Postby Bonecrusher » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:27 pm

Mostly just a reader/browser but will post if I have something to say.
We moved to Texas from Indiana 8 years ago due to a job change. We absolutely love it here!
My daughter graduated from Bosqueville and my two sons attend there now. Oldest going into 11th, youngest going into 9th - he's the football player (also played youth & JH).
Played all the way through high school myself, but put it on the backburner when I graduated. Watching the older two in the band performing at games re-kindled my interest in HS ball and now that my youngest is playing, my interest has moved up another level.
This seems like an excellent forum.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:57 pm

Welcome Bonecrusher - While Bosqueville has been upcoming the last few years in football, they have been a powerhouse in baseball the last decade.

Return to “2A Texas Football”