Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:29 am

Windthorst 15, Seymour 0 (3)

Teams R H E

Seymour 000 — 0 1 0

Windthorst (10)05 — 15 9 1

WP: Brooklyn King. LP: Ryley Haynes.

2B: None. 3B: None. HR: None.

Leading Hitters: (S) J. Hardin 1x1; (W) Tatum Veitenheimer 2x2, 3 runs, 1 RBI; Emily Hise 2x2, run, 2 RBI; Kolbi Martin 2x3, 2 runs, RBI.

Records: Seymour 12-9 (3-3); Windthorst 16-2 (5-0).

This one was a bit sloppy and over quickly. Seymour did not pitch their ace and their other two pitchers, combined, hit 7 Windthorst hitters (HBP). Seymour was unable to hit Windthorst pitcher Brooklyn King and Trojanettes Tatum Veitenheimer, Emily Hise and Kolbi Martin each had 2 hits in just three innings.

Next up for the Trojanettes is a Friday double-header at Olney.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:32 am

Petrolia 7, Archer City 6

Teams R H E

Archer City 130 100 1 — 6 8 0

Petrolia 002 203 x — 7 12 1

Battery: (AC) Hilbers and Howard; (P) Alexander and Townsend. WP: Alexander. LP: Hilbers.

2B: (AC) Kellar, Lopez; (P) Alexander 2, King, Ablia. HR: (AC) Lopez; (P) Macklin, Ablia.

Leading Hitters: (AC) Lopez 3x4, run, 3 RBI; Kellar 2x4, run; Lucido 1x3, 2 runs; (P) Alexander 3x4, 2 runs; Macklin 2x4, 2 runs, 2 RBI; Ablia 3x4, run, 5 RBI; Bunch 2x4, 2 runs.

Records: Archer City 14-3-1, 4-2; Petrolia 9-7-1, 5-1.

Petrolia upsets #11 Archer City 7-6. I heard there was some controversy over an Archer City 3-run home run that the umpires rules a ground-rule double instead. This definitely would have affected the outcome. I'm still trying to gather information on that call.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:34 am

WindthorstDad wrote:Petrolia 7, Archer City 6

Teams R H E

Battery: (AC) Hilbers and Howard; (P) Alexander and Townsend. WP: Alexander. LP: Hilbers.

2B: (AC) Kellar, Lopez; (P) Alexander 2, King, Ablia. HR: (AC) Lopez; (P) Macklin, Ablia.

Leading Hitters: (AC) Lopez 3x4, run, 3 RBI; Kellar 2x4, run; Lucido 1x3, 2 runs; (P) Alexander 3x4, 2 runs; Macklin 2x4, 2 runs, 2 RBI; Ablia 3x4, run, 5 RBI; Bunch 2x4, 2 runs.

Petrolia upsets #11 Archer City 7-6. I heard there was some controversy over an Archer City 3-run home run that the umpires rules a ground-rule double instead. This definitely would have affected the outcome. I'm still trying to gather information on that call.

I am not one to complain about officiating, but this year has been some of the worst I've seen. I have heard they are letting more first year guys call varsity games? Was the same in basketball and baseball/softball.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:01 pm

Windthorst has a double-header at Olney tomorrow. Where's everyone else playing tomorrow?

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:38 pm

for what it's worth ? :-? ?

Texas Division 2A Rankings..Top 15.
# School........Overall..Strength
1 Beckville.....23-3-1..17.2 3.7
2 Windthorst...13-2....15.3 3.7
3 Harleton.......5-3....13.8 11.8
4 Shiner..........7-4....13.3 10.3
5 Evadale........9-1....13.0 -3.2
6 Archer City..10-3-1..10.4 2.0
7 Weimar........6-4......9.2 6.4
8 Normangee..15-3......8.7 -3.5
9 Milano........15-4......8.0 -2.7
10 Ralls..........5-1......7.8 -2.3
11 Thorndale..10-3......7.8 -2.2
12 De Leon.....16-3......7.4 -4.3
13 Thrall.........3-3......5.7 5.3
14 Joaquin.......5-3......5.6 1.8
15 Groveton....16-7-2....5.6 -0.8

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/de ... de-leon,tx)/softball/rankings.htm

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:11 am

Windthorst came within one pitch of having two perfect games Friday in their double-header vs Olney.

Game 1 Windthorst 16 Olney 0 Cy Schroeder perfect game

Game 2 Windthorst 17 Olney 0 Brooklyn King no-hitter

Next up Windthorst host Electra in a double-header tomorrow

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:38 pm

WindthorstDad wrote:Petrolia 7, Archer City 6

Teams R H E

Yes worse call in the history of sports w/us leading 4-2 would have been 7-2, horrible horriblly sad, and ladies first ever home run cleared fence by 10-15' even petrolia girls said it cleared and petrolia fans.That's to go with other horrible calls. From what I gather from " both sides" we got royally screwed and not once but multiple times. That call changed the outcome and affected players on both sides and could've possibly cost our ladies a chance at district title. Even if are fortunate to beat Windy and P-town we will have 2 losses assuming Windy won't get beat by anyone other than us, that in esscence goes back to that call.. He shouldn't be officiating behind the plate if he can't decipher a home run and the field ump was no better. Granted we should have played better but the girls should decide that not a joker of an umpire. Don't even get me started on his strike zone we had him in seymour and it was awful, it was much worse this time.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:42 pm

WindthorstDad wrote:Windthorst 15, Seymour 0 (3)

Teams R H E

Seymour 000 — 0 1 0

Leading Hitters: (S) J. Hardin 1x1; (W) Tatum Veitenheimer 2x2, 3 runs, 1 RBI; Emily Hise 2x2, run, 2 RBI; Kolbi Martin 2x3, 2 runs, RBI.

This one was a bit sloppy and over quickly. Seymour did not pitch their ace and their other two pitchers, combined, hit 7 Windthorst hitters (HBP). Seymour was unable to hit Windthorst pitcher Brooklyn King and Trojanettes Tatum Veitenheimer, Emily Hise and Kolbi Martin each had 2 hits in just three innings.

If Seymour could hit at all they wouldn't be bad, just don't have the sticks so far this year. But you never know when they may turn on

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:46 pm

Yes sir, officiating has been spotty this year. Usually it's the Abilene umps I complain about but the ones at this year's Snyder Invitational were pretty decent. This year its the WF umps and I hate seeing this taken away from this girl especially since it was her first. What's truly strange is if the ball clears the fence then the outfielder does not have it to throw back in so how on Earth does he call it a ground-rule double.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:48 pm

acesfull wrote:
WindthorstDad wrote:Windthorst 15, Seymour 0 (3)

Teams R H E

Seymour 000 — 0 1 0

If Seymour could hit at all they wouldn't be bad, just don't have the sticks so far this year. But you never know when they may turn on

Agree that hitting would help but those two pitchers will not win many games for Seymour against decent competition. But seven hit by pitch! Even Northside pitcher only hit four of our batters.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:42 pm

WindthorstDad wrote:Yes sir, officiating has been spotty this year. Usually it's the Abilene umps I complain about but the ones at this year's Snyder Invitational were pretty decent. This year its the WF umps and I hate seeing this taken away from this girl especially since it was her first. What's truly strange is if the ball clears the fence then the outfielder does not have it to throw back in so how on Earth does he call it a ground-rule double.

Our AD was standing out there and picked it up to take to the kid who hit the dinger. He was walking back to dug out when all hell broke loose

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:54 pm

acesfull wrote:Yes worse call in the history of sports w/us leading 4-2 would have been 7-2, ....

I can't find said play on AC's Gamechanger???

This is where I think it happened, would have been a 2 run HR giving you a 6-0 lead?

TOP OF THE 3RD · ARCHER CITY
RCH PTR
Ball, Foul, Strike 2 looking, In play, Herring, #6 flied out to CF, (fly ball) [#9] 4 0 (3rd Out)
Ball, Ball, Ball, Ball, Diaz, #10 walked [#5] 4 0
Ball, Ball, Strike 1 looking, Strike 2 swinging, Ball, Foul, Strike 3 looking, Knobloch, #21 struck out looking [#5] 4 0 (2nd Out)
Ball, In play, Kellar, #7 doubled to CF, (fly ball) [#9] M Howard advanced to 3rd 4 0
Ball, Strike 1 looking, Ball, Ball, Foul, Foul, Ball, Howard, #9 walked [#5] 4 0
Strike 1 looking, Foul, In play, McLemore, #3 flied out to CF, (fly ball) [#9] 4 0 (1st Out)

With 4-2 lead Gamechanger shows the following
TOP OF THE 4TH · ARCHER CITY
RCH PTR
Strike 1 looking, Ball, In play, Howard, #9 grounded out to 3B, (ground ball) [#12] 5 2 (3rd Out)
Strike 1 looking, Strike 2 looking, Ball, Foul, Foul, Ball, Strike 3 swinging, McLemore, #3 struck out swinging [#5] 5 2 (2nd Out)
In play, Lopez, #25 doubled to LF, (line drive) [#8] M Lucido scored 5 2
Strike 1 looking, Lucido, #33 stole 2nd, Strike 2 looking, Foul, Ball, Strike 3 looking, Hilbers, #1 struck out looking [#5] 4 2 (1st Out)
Strike 1 looking, Ball, Ball, Strike 2 looking, Strike 3 looking, Lucido, #33 reached first on dropped 3rd strike [] 4 2

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:17 pm

That's even worse. WOW!! It was Olivia Kellar if that helps any pretty sure it would've been a 3 run shot, either way 6-0 or 7-2 is ALOT DIFFERENT. Oh well show must go on, just ticks me off for the girls and the especially the young lady who was literally ROBBED!!!!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:21 pm

acesfull wrote:
WindthorstDad wrote:Yes sir, officiating has been spotty this year. Usually it's the Abilene umps I complain about but the ones at this year's Snyder Invitational were pretty decent. This year its the WF umps and I hate seeing this taken away from this girl especially since it was her first. What's truly strange is if the ball clears the fence then the outfielder does not have it to throw back in so how on Earth does he call it a ground-rule double.

Our AD was standing out there and picked it up to take to the kid who hit the dinger. He was walking back to dug out when all hell broke loose

Well then that tears it for me. If the ump had to give the pitcher a new ball, then where did he think the original ball went?! Maybe over the fence perhaps :shock:

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:19 am

The person whose car she hit even said it was a HR and he is from Petrolia!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:23 pm

DISTRICT 8-2A
Team w-l
Windthorst (18-2) 7-0
Petrolia (10-7-1) 6-1
Archer City (16-3-1) 6-2
Seymour (12-10) 3-4
Electra (5-10) 3-4
Quanah 2-5
Olney 2-5
Northside 0-8
Friday’s games — Archer City 10-21, Quanah 0-0; Electra d. Northside (forfeit); Windthorst 16-17, Olney 0-0; Petrolia 17, Seymour 2.
Tuesday’s games — Electra at Windthorst (DH); Olney at Petrolia (DH); Seymour at Quanah (DH); Northside at Archer City.

AuntMelanie

Postby AuntMelanie » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:22 pm

WindthorstDad wrote:
acesfull wrote:She is a starter is what i'm saying that's almost 1/2 your starters being srs and a really solid lead off who's a slapper. Really no big deal just odd she was left out. Our #2 throws harder than our ace but more to it than throwing hard. Big game experience is big, Hilbers pitched a lot last year in big games and as a freshman in the playoffs and district, makes a difference most of the time unless you have the girl from that 3A school that's just born a beast. I expect ya'll to be good just some quality players to replace

Lol, you're preaching to the choir, however, this case is different. This pitcher plays for a top DFW travel team and has been mowing down 5A and 6A talent down in DFW the past five years and has plenty of big game experience at that level, which I consider better competition than any high school game. She has several pitches in the arsenal including movement and change-up plus high velocity. Our coach is alternating her with the senior every game this year. She will pitch against Seymour tomorrow. Will she be named the ACE over a Schroeder...of course not. :lol:
All I am saying is we are very fortunate to have two, experienced "big-time" pitchers and we believe we could go to state in part because of them. Just my opinion and not wanting to start a board war, but I am a big believer in our Trojanettes and think this could be our year. Still a long way to go and we have to get past Archer City before the dream can be realized.

Oh Windthorst Dad surely you can't be serious! Our top pitcher is a Schroeder but that in no way earns her any favors! Her pitching speaks for itself. We will be losing much talent this year starting with the pitcher! See you at the game!!!

AuntMelanie

Postby AuntMelanie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:17 am

WindthorstDad wrote:Windthorst came within one pitch of having two perfect games Friday in their double-header vs Olney.

Double header shut out against Electra! :ymapplause: Both the first string pitcher and the back up pitcher did an amazing job!! Yet only one set of stats gets turned in and it is from the second game that the second string pitcher pitched. Things that make you go hmmmm... :-?

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:21 am

AuntMelanie wrote:
WindthorstDad wrote:
acesfull wrote:She is a starter is what i'm saying that's almost 1/2 your starters being srs and a really solid lead off who's a slapper. Really no big deal just odd she was left out. Our #2 throws harder than our ace but more to it than throwing hard. Big game experience is big, Hilbers pitched a lot last year in big games and as a freshman in the playoffs and district, makes a difference most of the time unless you have the girl from that 3A school that's just born a beast. I expect ya'll to be good just some quality players to replace

Lol, you're preaching to the choir, however, this case is different. This pitcher plays for a top DFW travel team and has been mowing down 5A and 6A talent down in DFW the past five years and has plenty of big game experience at that level, which I consider better competition than any high school game. She has several pitches in the arsenal including movement and change-up plus high velocity. Our coach is alternating her with the senior every game this year. She will pitch against Seymour tomorrow. Will she be named the ACE over a Schroeder...of course not. :lol:
All I am saying is we are very fortunate to have two, experienced "big-time" pitchers and we believe we could go to state in part because of them. Just my opinion and not wanting to start a board war, but I am a big believer in our Trojanettes and think this could be our year. Still a long way to go and we have to get past Archer City before the dream can be realized.

Oh Windthorst Dad surely you can't be serious! Our top pitcher is a Schroeder but that in no way earns her any favors! Her pitching speaks for itself. We will be losing much talent this year starting with the pitcher! See you at the game!!!

That was meant to be a joke against the small school politics I see every day but after re-reading, I admit it was in poor taste and I apologize. Our #1 pitcher deserves everything she's received and has worked hard for it. We will miss her talent next season and most of all her leadership.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:23 am

AuntMelanie wrote:
WindthorstDad wrote:Windthorst came within one pitch of having two perfect games Friday in their double-header vs Olney.

Double header shut out against Electra! :ymapplause: Both the first string pitcher and the back up pitcher did an amazing job!! Yet only one set of stats gets turned in and it is from the second game that the second string pitcher pitched. Things that make you go hmmmm... :-?

What's even more odd is I don't think our coaches have been turning in results to the paper. I've seen scores only listed that probably came from twitter is my guess.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:27 am

Well in a double header against Seymour last night, Quanah had a chance to nip Seymour in the second game, and let it get away from them in the last inning.

We wont discuss the first game :P

Blue bayou

Postby Blue bayou » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:50 am

AuntMelanie wrote:Double header shut out against Electra! :ymapplause: Both the first string pitcher and the back up pitcher did an amazing job!! Yet only one set of stats gets turned in and it is from the second game that the second string pitcher pitched. Things that make you go hmmmm... :-?

https://gc.com/game-56ec554e85b04600232 ... ecap-story

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:07 am

AuntMelanie wrote:

Not sure what you mean by only one set of stats get turned in - who do they get turned into? If you are referring to the newspaper I talked to a contact at the paper since I work with them with reporting the game stats for Football - it's not the same with softball where someone calls the newspaper office and turns in the game stats. They pull what them off of gamechanger if they receive notice - alot of time there are duplicate linescores so they only report the last one. This is all pretty petty in the big scheme of things. I think all involved want the best for the girls and only want to see the TEAM be successful.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Three double-headers in our district yesterday. Scores from KAUZ TV CH6
District 8-2A

Northside 0 (0-9)
#11 Archer City 16 (7-2)
AC: Madison Lucido 4 RBI, Eliot Hilbers 3 IP, 0 H, 8 K, 3 RBI

Electra 0 (3-5)
#3 Windthorst 15 (8-0)
F/4 (Gm 1)
WIN: Cy Schroeder No-Hitter

#3 Windthorst 14 (9-0)
Electra 0 (3-6)
F/5 (Gm 2)
WIN: Brooklyn King No-Hitter, Breann Schreiber HR

Olney 1 (2-6)
Petrolia 11 (7-1)
F/5 (Gm 1)
PET: Lindy Alexander 5 IP, 11 K, 2 RBI

Petrolia 20 (8-1)
Olney 2 (2-7)
F/3 (Gm 2)
PET: Lindy Alexander 3 RBI

Seymour 23 (4-4)
Quanah 5 (2-6)
F/5 (Gm 1)

Quanah 14 (2-7)
Seymour 18 (5-4)
(Gm 2)

Blue bayou

Postby Blue bayou » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:06 am

Harleton is currently ranked #1 and has been to state the past couple of years. Has anyone seen them play this year? How strong do they appear? They also appear to be in the same region as Beckville; any guesses how a playoff match-up between these two teams might go?

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:10 am

Blue bayou wrote:Harleton is currently ranked #1 and has been to state the past couple of years. Has anyone seen them play this year? How strong do they appear? They also appear to be in the same region as Beckville; any guesses how a playoff match-up between these two teams might go?

3 degrees of separation between Harleton and Windthorst

Harleton 5 Burkburnett 1
Vernon 13 Burkburnett 0
Windthorst 8 Vernon 5

startrekie

Postby startrekie » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:50 am

Harleton vs Burkburnnett was a 65 hour time limit in a tournament. They played 3 or 4 innings i believe. Hard to tell what a full 7 inning game would have been.
Beckville is loaded. 1-9 are tough outs and have a 3 pitcher rotation. They will be the team to beat in Region III. Harleton's Randi Carol Phillips is an Aggie Commit and has had a great year. Both teams are very, very good. No real weak spots 1-9.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:57 am

startrekie wrote:Harleton vs Burkburnnett was a 65 hour time limit in a tournament. They played 3 or 4 innings i believe. Hard to tell what a full 7 inning game would have been.
Beckville is loaded. 1-9 are tough outs and have a 3 pitcher rotation. They will be the team to beat in Region III. Harleton's Randi Carol Phillips is an Aggie Commit and has had a great year. Both teams are very, very good. No real weak spots 1-9.

I wasn't implying anything about Harleton just stating there was connection from Harleton to Windthorst!! Comparing scores especially when teams didn't play the opponent is just dumb!!! I would love to play Harleton or Beckville - would mean we made it to State.

startrekie

Postby startrekie » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:37 pm

oh yes, not a problem. didn't mean to imply anything negative. good conversation.

lynx

Postby lynx » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Beckville and Harleton should meet about Qtr final round...both are very good. Winner will get to state and have a shot at title with pitching and experience. You have to play solid defense and know how to play short game offensively and defensively. You look at last 5-6 yrs and the winner from Region 4 ( state champions) has had good but not great pitching but excellent defense and a short game as well as ability to hit the very good pitching.

Philo Beddoe

Postby Philo Beddoe » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:40 am

Big game tonight in Weimar, we'll see if Shiner can get even.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:07 am

Petrolia took down Archer City for the second time this season although no controversy in this one as the Lady Pirtates shut out the Lady Cats 8-0 to move to 9-1 in district while AC falls to 7-3.

In Friday night games:
Archer City 11 Seymour 5
Petrolia 21 Electra 6
Windthorst 17 Northside 0

Windthorst (21-2) 10-0
Petrolia (13-7-1) 9-1
Archer City (17-4-1) 7-3
Seymour (14-11) 5-5
Electra (5-13) 3-7
Quanah 2-7
Olney 2-7
Northside 0-10

Philo Beddoe

Postby Philo Beddoe » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:43 am

Shiner defeated Weimar last night 15-6, so now it looks like we'll have a one game playoff to decide seeding. Shiner's nagging injuries are behind them, time to make the run back to Austin!

startrekie

Postby startrekie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:30 am

Philo Beddoe wrote:Big game tonight in Weimar, we'll see if Shiner can get even.

Shiner 15
Weimar 6

startrekie

Postby startrekie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:31 am

my bad, didn't see the previous post

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:15 am

Friday Score
Olney 16 Quanah 15

Tuesday Scores
Archer City 16 Olney 0
Quanah 23 Electra 12
Windthorst 4 Petrolia 0

Windthorst (22-2) 11-0
Petrolia (13-8-1) 10-2
Archer City (18-4-1) 9-3
Seymour (14-11) 5-5
Electra (5-13) 3-8
Olney 3-8
Quanah 3-8
Northside 0-10

Windthorst finishes with Quanah, AC, and Seymour
Petrolia has Northside and Quanah
Archer City has Electra and Windthorst

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Congrats to WIndthorst on District Championship. Anyone know how playoff matches are lined up. Aka who plays who got to work Windthorstfan this is your cup of tea

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:19 pm

acesfull wrote:Congrats to WIndthorst on District Championship. Anyone know how playoff matches are lined up. Aka who plays who got to work Windthorstfan this is your cup of tea

Best as I can come up here are the standings in District 7 looking at these teams GC schedules
1. Hawley 9-1 (Split with Haskell)
2. Haskell 9-2 (Split with Hawley and Eula)
3. Stamford 8-3 (Split with Albany, loss to Hawley and Haskell)
4. Albany 6-4 (Split with Stamford, loss to Haskell 2X, and Hawley)
5. Clyde Eula 6-4 (Split with Eula, loss to Albany, Hawley, and Stamford)

Remaining Games
Hawley - Eula, Albany, Stamford
Haskell - Stamford, Anson, Hamlin
Stamford - Haskell, Eula, Albany
Albany - Eula, Hamlin, Hawley, Baird
Eula - Albany, Hawley, Stamford, Anson

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:55 pm

Looks like a reg quarter rematch w/Haskell assuming it all holds as is now in bi district. Hope we can figure somethings out before or maybe a short stay. We have gone really cold at the plate.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:17 am

BIG GAME TODAY

Alvord @ Valley View
Tuesday Lindsay @ Valley View

Standings
Valley View 9-1
Alvord 8-0
Lindsay 6-3
Collinsville 3-6
Chico 3-5
Tioga 2-7
Muenster 0-9
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:07 am

Valley View lost to Alvord Friday
Valley View defeated Lindsay 10 to 1 Monday
Lindsay Defeated Alvord yesterday 4 to 2

oreder of district should be

Alvord
Valley View
Lindsay
Collinsville

Alvord has two games left unless they loose both they will be district champ. If they do loose both VV & Alvord would switch spots
The most under utilized pc of football equipment is 5 man & 7 man blocking sledd

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:56 am

1. Hawley 12-1 (Split with Haskell)
2. Haskell 11-2 (Split with Hawley and Eula)
3. Stamford 9-4 (Split with Albany, loss to Hawley and Haskell 2X)
4. Albany 8-5 (Split with Stamford, loss to Haskell 2X, and Hawley 2X)

Remaining Games
Hawley - Stamford
Haskell - Hamlin
Stamford - Albany
Albany - Baird

If Hawley beats Stamford (7-3 1st game) and Albany beats Baird (13-0 1st game), then Stamford/Albany tie for 3rd. In 2015, Stamford upset Hawley 3-1 in final game of season thus Hawley finished in 2nd instead of tied for 1st.

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:38 pm

TX Division 2A High School Softball Rankings

# .....School...Ovr...Rating
3 Shiner.......10-4...14.5
4 Windthorst..21-2...12.8
6 Weimar.......7-5.....9.3
7 Archer City..13-4-1..9.0

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/softba ... ion-2a.htm

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:15 am

Bearcat77 wrote:TX Division 2A High School Softball Rankings

# .....School...Ovr...Rating
3 Shiner.......10-4...14.5
4 Windthorst..21-2...12.8
6 Weimar.......7-5.....9.3
7 Archer City..13-4-1..9.0

http://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/softba ... ion-2a.htm

We haven't been playing well enough to have that ranking, top 15 yes but not top10, of course our district is pretty salty as well, especially top 3 teams. But ptown has earned the right to be above us.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:45 am

maybe max preps has top 10 or so teams right .. However Valley View beat Lindsay twice in district handily. Lindsay's ranking is 50th & ours is 105. Beat Collinsville twice & they are ranked ahead too

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:58 am

It all comes down to teams reporting scores to Maxpreps. I try to make sure our schedules are correct with them.

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:41 am

I kind of thought that myself. there's a link to click on to submit rosters & scores.. Just wonder how they had information to give us a 1-9-1 record in district

I joined so I could update our info

Pigskin Swammy
Donating Member 17/18

Postby Pigskin Swammy » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Blue bayou

Postby Blue bayou » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:31 pm

District 2A-8
Windthorst 9
Archer City 7
Final

Archer City started the 7th in a 5-9 hole and made a tremendous charge to close it to 7-9 before Windthorst closed the door to finish an undefeated district season.

Bi-District Playoffs opponents
Windthorst vs Albany
Petrolia vs Stamford
Archer City vs Haskell
Seymour vs Hawley

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:32 pm

Windthorst has now appeared in 4 State Championship games going 2-2. Interesting fact in each game played the team that lost was shut out.

03 Flatonia 3 Windthorst 0
04 Windthorst 3 Elkhart Slocum 0
05 Windthorst 11 Dallardsville Big Sandy 0
16 Shiner 13 Windthorst 0

Return to “Texas Softball”