Texas Softball 2016

Ladies with bats, any questions??
User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:49 pm

One week away from officially sanctioned UIL softball practices can begin. I am ready and fired up! Expecting my Windthorst Trojanettes to vie for a state bid again this season. Expect strong region competition from Archer City, Hawley, Petrolia, Seymour and Haskell.

How does your region look for 2016?
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
Philo Beddoe
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm
Location: Shiner
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby Philo Beddoe » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:52 pm

I would have to think our Shiner team will be the team to beat this year, all but one starter is back, them girls are tough! Weimar and Flatonia should be ranked fairly high also, bad thing is all 3 are in the same District.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:13 pm

Philo Beddoe wrote:I would have to think our Shiner team will be the team to beat this year, all but one starter is back, them girls are tough! Weimar and Flatonia should be ranked fairly high also, bad thing is all 3 are in the same District.


Lol...same boat here with Archer City, Petrolia, Seymour, Windthorst all in the same district. I see Shiner and Harleton return nearly everyone so you guys are the ones to beat.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

hardrockers
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby hardrockers » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:14 am

I wouldn't put Seymour in the same sentence with those other three this year. I may be wrong, but I would think they are a little down, not out of it, but down. Archer, Petrolia and Windy are always good, and will continue to be good because the girls work hard at it.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:29 pm

hardrockers wrote:I wouldn't put Seymour in the same sentence with those other three this year. I may be wrong, but I would think they are a little down, not out of it, but down. Archer, Petrolia and Windy are always good, and will continue to be good because the girls work hard at it.


You may be right that Seymour is not quite on par with the other three. I thought Seymour competed better at the end of last year's season. Consistency on the mound will be Seymour's goal this year I believe.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

hardrockers
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby hardrockers » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:44 pm

WindthorstDad wrote:
hardrockers wrote:I wouldn't put Seymour in the same sentence with those other three this year. I may be wrong, but I would think they are a little down, not out of it, but down. Archer, Petrolia and Windy are always good, and will continue to be good because the girls work hard at it.


You may be right that Seymour is not quite on par with the other three. I thought Seymour competed better at the end of last year's season. Consistency on the mound will be Seymour's goal this year I believe.


Consistency in general, lost a couple of pieces. Will still be well above the average 2A softball team, just not at that next level really.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:57 am

hardrockers wrote:I wouldn't put Seymour in the same sentence with those other three this year. I may be wrong, but I would think they are a little down, not out of it, but down. Archer, Petrolia and Windy are always good, and will continue to be good because the girls work hard at it.


Spoke with one of our coaches this weekend about Region 1 softball. I didn't realize Petrolia graduated their entire infield. You still have to put the ball in play against their pitcher (Lindy Alexander) but losing the infield will hurt. He said Archer lost their pitcher/leadoff hitter, 2B (who could hit home runs) and an outfielder. Additionally, last year they did not have their fast CF due to ACL surgery. She is healthy now but not sure if she'll play softball is what I hear. Windthorst had no seniors last year so we return everyone including all starters and both pitchers. Hawley took a big hit he said graduating their big hitting CF, all-state SS and starting pitcher. Albany is a bit of an unknown but they needed pitching last year. In my mind, Haskell is the big question mark. Will they contend in the region or are they still rebuilding? 2 1/2 weeks until the first scrimmage!
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

hardrockers
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby hardrockers » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:44 am

I didn't realize Petrolia graduated that much. Now they are still well coached and work hard, so it won't hurt too awfully much. Windy returning everyone is going to make them a tough out. I would expect the region to go through Windy, some quality teams out there, but Experience and tradition too strong this year I think.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:13 pm

hardrockers wrote:I didn't realize Petrolia graduated that much. Now they are still well coached and work hard, so it won't hurt too awfully much. Windy returning everyone is going to make them a tough out. I would expect the region to go through Windy, some quality teams out there, but Experience and tradition too strong this year I think.


Neither had I until he named each of them and sure enough they all graduated. I still expect them to very competitive especially with a good pitcher coming back. Windthorst lost some tough games the past two years just missing out moving on in the playoffs. This year looks to be the one they finally make it back to the "tournament" but they must work hard and lean on their experience.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:28 pm

Recently posted in baseball forum and thought I'd add it here as well.

If I had just ..ONE.. UIL rule I could change; it would be to require 3-game playoffs in baseball and softball. Playoff teams should have endurance and backup players to endure a "playoff" and not produce a possible one-hit "game" wonder. Good playoff teams can handle adversity including injuries and/or a player just having a bad day. Someone else has to step up. I am truly against 1-game playoffs.
RANT MODE OFF.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
Philo Beddoe
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm
Location: Shiner
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby Philo Beddoe » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:30 am

Only one thing different in softball vs. baseball, that one stud pitcher can throw all 3 games.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Philo Beddoe wrote:Only one thing different in softball vs. baseball, that one stud pitcher can throw all 3 games.


True but a good coach always has another one warming up in the bull pen. I seem to recall a couple years ago, an all-state pitcher walked nine batters her first game on the mound. Even an ace needs backup sometimes. ;)
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:29 am

Curious if any teams had scrimmaged yet and what were your results? Also, how many starters will be missing from your team due to basketball?

Windthorst first scrimmage is one week from today vs 3A Holliday.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:14 pm

WindthorstDad wrote:Curious if any teams had scrimmaged yet and what were your results? Also, how many starters will be missing from your team due to basketball?

Windthorst first scrimmage is one week from today vs 3A Holliday.


Windthorst scrimmage vs Holliday moved to 4:30 PM at Windthorst.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

hardrockers
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby hardrockers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:19 am

We had to cancel our first 2 because the other teams not having enough players. Most of our starters are in basketball, but we have a lot of kids out this year for baseball.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:53 am

hardrockers wrote:We had to cancel our first 2 because the other teams not having enough players. Most of our starters are in basketball, but we have a lot of kids out this year for baseball.


Who were the teams? I believe that is why our coaches schedule scrimmages with larger schools to insure they have enough players as basketball can affect your early softball season.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
Windthorstfan
Moderator
Posts: 11985
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:16 am

hardrockers wrote:We had to cancel our first 2 because the other teams not having enough players. Most of our starters are in basketball, but we have a lot of kids out this year for baseball.

I think most years we have enough kids in both programs (baseball & softball) we can field a varsity and 2 JV teams. I think there are 14 guys in baseball right now. Not sure how many of the JV basektball guys play baseball but I think all 9 guys on varsity play.

hardrockers
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby hardrockers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:24 am

I was thinking baseball, but Childress and Memphis both didn't have enough for scrimmages yet. Our Softball team probably didn't quite have enough yet either, but we have about 15 out for baseball before the basketball guys get there.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:37 am

Scoreboard was turned off during the Windthorst vs Holliday scrimmage last week but I believe we lost 2-6. Holliday scored 4 runs off our first pitcher, 1 run off our second pitcher and 1 run off our JV pitcher. Holliday hit the ball a better than we did but our defense was pretty good. They did get a bases loaded double in the second inning which plated three runs. Not sure who they had out but we were missing out SS, 3B, 1B, CF. It was good experience for our backups who had to start and quite a few freshman played the last three innings. Looking forward to getting better.

We place Chico at 4:30 PM today in Windthorst.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:56 am

Aces, how'd the Ladycats scrimmage at Burk go last week. I believe y'all are missing about 3-4 starters who are in basketball.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:59 am

Windthorst batted around the first inning to jump on Chico last night. Several Trojanettes had multiple hits and the pitching combo of Cy Schroeder and Brooklyn King combined for a 1-hitter in a 13-0 5 inning victory. Next up for the Trojanettes is the Burkburnett tournament next week.

How'd your teams do this week?
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
Philo Beddoe
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm
Location: Shiner
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby Philo Beddoe » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Shiner if off to a 6-0 start, the first 4 of those wins coming without 4 of their key starters. A Freshman pitched a couple of very strong games beating some bigger schools to start the season. Gonna be fun to see how well they compete in the San Marcos tourney against some 4 and 5A schools.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:04 pm

R4/D28 - Flatonia, Ganado, Louise, Moulton, Schulenburg, Shiner, Weimar

Not sure about Louise or Moultn but the rest have been strong playoff teams lately. Heck of a district.

R1/D08 - Archer City, Electra, Olney, Petrolia, Quanah, Seymour, Vernon Northside, Windthorst

Archer City, Petrolia, Seymour & Windthorst are all recent playoff teams.

Just speculating of course, but wouldn't be surprised to see a D28 vs D08 matchup in Regionals.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Philo Beddoe wrote:Shiner if off to a 6-0 start, the first 4 of those wins coming without 4 of their key starters. A Freshman pitched a couple of very strong games beating some bigger schools to start the season. Gonna be fun to see how well they compete in the San Marcos tourney against some 4 and 5A schools.


Keep us posted. Windthorst is in the Burkburnett tournament this weekend. Should be decent competition but don't expect a lot of 5A schools.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
Windthorstfan
Moderator
Posts: 11985
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:47 am

WindthorstDad wrote:Just speculating of course, but wouldn't be surprised to see a D28 vs D08 matchup in Regionals.

Regionals? or State? Regionals would be D8 v D8!!!

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:59 am

Windthorstfan wrote:
WindthorstDad wrote:Just speculating of course, but wouldn't be surprised to see a D28 vs D08 matchup in Regionals.

Regionals? or State? Regionals would be D8 v D8!!!


Current state playoff shows semis would be Region 1 champion vs Region 4 champion and Region 2 champion vs Region 3 champion at State
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
Windthorstfan
Moderator
Posts: 11985
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:57 am

WindthorstDad wrote:Current state playoff shows semis would be Region 1 champion vs Region 4 champion and Region 2 champion vs Region 3 champion at State

Disregard state tournament match-ups

From UIL website:
State Tournament Brackets: Tournament brackets will be drawn by the UIL staff. The top two teams, according to
win/loss percentage, will be placed on the top frame in opposite halves of the bracket. The flip of a coin will
determine the top two teams’ opponent.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:
WindthorstDad wrote:Current state playoff shows semis would be Region 1 champion vs Region 4 champion and Region 2 champion vs Region 3 champion at State

Disregard state tournament match-ups

From UIL website:
State Tournament Brackets: Tournament brackets will be drawn by the UIL staff. The top two teams, according to
win/loss percentage, will be placed on the top frame in opposite halves of the bracket. The flip of a coin will
determine the top two teams’ opponent.


Great! That sounds fair.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
Philo Beddoe
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm
Location: Shiner
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby Philo Beddoe » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:11 am

Shiner girls had to go into extra innings last night, but came out on top of East Bernard, the defending 3A Champs. Both teams had all their starters this time around. 7-0 to start the young season.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:15 am

Philo Beddoe wrote:Shiner girls had to go into extra innings last night, but came out on top of East Bernard, the defending 3A Champs. Both teams had all their starters this time around. 7-0 to start the young season.


I was wondering how East Bernard would do after graduating Samantha Show. Sounds like they're still rolling.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
Philo Beddoe
Posts: 1624
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:19 pm
Location: Shiner
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby Philo Beddoe » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:07 am

Yeah, don't get me wrong, she was special and someone you can't replace, but they have a solid program and should compete just fine again this year.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Burkburnett Softball Tournament
Windthorst 18 Alvord 0
WP Cy Schroeder 1-hitter

Windthorst 4 Haskell 1
WP Brooklyn King 1-hitter 10K
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:57 am

Any news on how District 28 teams (Flatonia, Ganado, Louise, Moulton, Schulenburg, Shiner, Weimar) performed in tournaments this weekend?

I'm also curious how Harleton and Bosqueville did if anyone knows.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

lynx
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:03 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby lynx » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:02 pm

Ganado lost 3 games this past weekend; Weimar hasn't played yet due to BB playoffs; Flatonia lost 2 games ; Schulenburg is 3-0 vs. weak competition and Shiner is 8-0, winning Rice Tournament the previous weekend; Louise is not very strong. Schulenburg might be a surprise in this district.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:24 am

Hi lynx! I was wondering when I'd hear from you. I'm a bit surprised that Ganado and Flatonia have lost multiple games this early but I suspect they will bounce back. I see everyone chasing Shiner. Not sure who will finish where in D28 but I never count Weimar out.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

acesfull
Posts: 2890
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby acesfull » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:08 am

AC went 5-0 in NCTC tourney then run ruled Old High 14-4 last night. All things are going well. Have girls hitting dingers left and right right now. Pitching Elliot Hilbers is a good one and developing another one as back up who has been pitching a while just needs some experience. We are solid and fast on the base paths and our normal bunters are knocking the fire out of it. Lucido hit a dinger, Herring one hopped one into the wall, Knobloch has a dinger and Lopez as well. Tough to defend against as if our speed girls stay consistent w/hitting liners as well as the ability to lay one down very hard to defend and keep us from scoring. Knobloch is the 7 hole and took one straight away center last night. If defense sures up which is solid just fine tuned we should be in the hunt. Maley Herring should have been all state center field last year. She's a beast. Lucido is our 2nd base, has to be a shot to get by her. Long season but like what I've seen so far especially mentally. We had to battle back in last half of inning against FW Christian down 2 runs and scored 3 w/Lopez getting the walk off hit, to score 2 and win 6-5

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:05 am

Hey Aces! Great start for the LadyCats. Your group and ours have been playing each other since 8U and it's been a blast! As stated earlier, I still see Region I champ coming from Haskell, Windthorst, Archer City or Petrolia. Three from the same district, wow! Circle March 25th on the calendar when the Trojanettes visit the LadyCats! Should be another barn burner.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
Windthorstfan
Moderator
Posts: 11985
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:15 am

acesfull wrote:AC went 5-0 in NCTC tourney then run ruled Old High 14-4 last night. All things are going well. Have girls hitting dingers left and right right now. Pitching Elliot Hilbers is a good one and developing another one as back up who has been pitching a while just needs some experience. We are solid and fast on the base paths and our normal bunters are knocking the fire out of it. Lucido hit a dinger, Herring one hopped one into the wall, Knobloch has a dinger and Lopez as well. Tough to defend against as if our speed girls stay consistent w/hitting liners as well as the ability to lay one down very hard to defend and keep us from scoring. Knobloch is the 7 hole and took one straight away center last night. If defense sures up which is solid just fine tuned we should be in the hunt. Maley Herring should have been all state center field last year. She's a beast. Lucido is our 2nd base, has to be a shot to get by her. Long season but like what I've seen so far especially mentally. We had to battle back in last half of inning against FW Christian down 2 runs and scored 3 w/Lopez getting the walk off hit, to score 2 and win 6-5

Coach Mooney was a heck of a hitter at Midwestern State. 4th All-time in Doubles and 5th in Home Runs - one of her teammates that could absolutely pound the ball was Kim Jerrick 2nd in career doubles and 2nd in HR All-time - believe she is a hitting instructor for D-Bat in Wichita Falls - wonder how much work she is doing with the AC as a favor to Mooney!!

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:18 am

Windthorstfan wrote:
acesfull wrote:AC went 5-0 in NCTC tourney then run ruled Old High 14-4 last night. All things are going well. Have girls hitting dingers left and right right now. Pitching Elliot Hilbers is a good one and developing another one as back up who has been pitching a while just needs some experience. We are solid and fast on the base paths and our normal bunters are knocking the fire out of it. Lucido hit a dinger, Herring one hopped one into the wall, Knobloch has a dinger and Lopez as well. Tough to defend against as if our speed girls stay consistent w/hitting liners as well as the ability to lay one down very hard to defend and keep us from scoring. Knobloch is the 7 hole and took one straight away center last night. If defense sures up which is solid just fine tuned we should be in the hunt. Maley Herring should have been all state center field last year. She's a beast. Lucido is our 2nd base, has to be a shot to get by her. Long season but like what I've seen so far especially mentally. We had to battle back in last half of inning against FW Christian down 2 runs and scored 3 w/Lopez getting the walk off hit, to score 2 and win 6-5

Coach Mooney was a heck of a hitter at Midwestern State. 4th All-time in Doubles and 5th in Home Runs - one of her teammates that could absolutely pound the ball was Kim Jerrick 2nd in career doubles and 2nd in HR All-time - believe she is a hitting instructor for D-Bat in Wichita Falls - wonder how much work she is doing with the AC as a favor to Mooney!!


She'd be foolish not to use all tools at her disposal. Sounds like AC hitting has improved greatly! Our pitches will have to be on their game to keep their hits to a minimum.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

acesfull
Posts: 2890
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby acesfull » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Lots of ball to play, I don't want to put the cart before the horse so to speak. It will be entertaining and STRESSSSSSSSFULLLL

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:43 pm

acesfull wrote:Lots of ball to play, I don't want to put the cart before the horse so to speak. It will be entertaining and STRESSSSSSSSFULLLL


Lol, exactly as expected and wouldn't have it any other way. Thank God I have a strong heart. :lol:
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

acesfull
Posts: 2890
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby acesfull » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:40 pm

AC held a 2-0 lead going into last frame against Bangs yesterday, had couple errors and got beat 3-2. Bangs had a strong pitcher from what I heard and AC ace Elliot Hilbers struck out 13 and only gave up 1 hit and a walk in the loss.

In the second game in rematch against FW Christian from last week was 1-0 going into 4th. Jordyn McLemore led a 3 run inning with a pinch hit to start the inning and w/bases loaded Audrey Lopez drove in 2 runs w 2 outs followed by another hit to go up 4-0. Ladycats bats got going and won 8-0 in 6 with another strong performance by Elliot Hilbers who struck out 12.

Have a couple bigger schools playing against today who are pretty solid and should test us. Bangs historically is solid in 3A and today paradise and another bigger school. Win or lose I like the fact we are playing good teams and seeing good pitching, can only make us better.

User avatar
Windthorstfan
Moderator
Posts: 11985
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:25 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:43 pm

I think district comes down to Archer City and Windthorst just looking at early results. I hear you in regards to pitching. Sucks that for whatever reason we didn't get into bracket play last week since we didn't play on Friday due to Basketball I guess. We beat Henrietta yesterday 12-1 and Seymour 12-0. Today we get Azle JV who was beat by Seymour and lost to Nocona today - who was thumped by Henrietta in the 1st game of the tournament 17-2. Saw Nocona play Vernon, who we get in the late game tonight, when I left Vernon was up 10-2, so not sure Vernon is that great either. Then we finish with Nocona tomorrow who we have scorched already this year.

Noticed Henrietta beat Petrolia 7-1 this past Tuesday

acesfull
Posts: 2890
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby acesfull » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:26 pm

AC went 4-1-1 in Bowie Tourney.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:I think district comes down to Archer City and Windthorst just looking at early results. I hear you in regards to pitching. Sucks that for whatever reason we didn't get into bracket play last week since we didn't play on Friday due to Basketball I guess. We beat Henrietta yesterday 12-1 and Seymour 12-0. Today we get Azle JV who was beat by Seymour and lost to Nocona today - who was thumped by Henrietta in the 1st game of the tournament 17-2. Saw Nocona play Vernon, who we get in the late game tonight, when I left Vernon was up 10-2, so not sure Vernon is that great either. Then we finish with Nocona tomorrow who we have scorched already this year.

Noticed Henrietta beat Petrolia 7-1 this past Tuesday


And Lindsay beat Petrolia 6-3 the day after.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Windthorst Trojanettes win their own tournament going 5-0
beat Henrietta 12-1
beat Seymour 12-0
beat Azle JV 15-0 (4 1/2 inning run-rule)
beat Vernon 8-5
beat Nocona 11-1
...and talk about depth on the mound, our other pitcher was out sick all tournament and Trojanettes used a #3 pitcher twice and still only gave up a total of 7 runs in five games.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:30 am

Windthorst takes their 9-0 record to the Snyder Invitational tournament Friday and Saturday. Hope to see some good West Texas teams and build on our success before District play.

Where does your team play this week?
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

hardrockers
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby hardrockers » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:55 pm

I have heard Quanah is improved, and might fight the 4th spot in the district.

Have heard that, haven't got to see them yet. Scores are pretty up and down, hard to go off of.

User avatar
WindthorstDad
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 am
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:03 pm

hardrockers wrote:I have heard Quanah is improved, and might fight the 4th spot in the district.

Have heard that, haven't got to see them yet. Scores are pretty up and down, hard to go off of.


This district needs more competition, so it would help if Quanah is improving. I "predict" the top three finish will be Windthorst, Archer City, Petrolia. I see the remaining teams (Electra, Quanah, Olney and Vernon Northside) having to fight off Seymour for the 4th spot IMO. We host Quanah on March 22nd.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

acesfull
Posts: 2890
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 pm
Location:
Status: Offline

Re: Texas Softball 2016

Postby acesfull » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:11 pm

1.) AC or Windy(AC is 2 time reigning co-champs, 3 would be nice or an outright)
3.)P town or Seymour

*Don't see others aka Quanah etc having a chance. Not enough pitching

** Also see AC & Windy being couple steps ahead of 3 and 4


Return to “Texas Softball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest