2015 Softball

Ladies with bats, any questions??
WindthorstDad

Re: 2015 Softball

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon May 11, 2015 8:53 am

acesfull wrote:AC run rules Ozona behind Wuthrich no hitter..10-0. She was unhitable tonight. 1 hit batter and a walk prevented a perfecto. Ozona only put ball in play 5 times.

What a great time for Wuthrich to be hitting her stride! I was worried how she'd come back from ACL surgery but looks like she's on top of her game. Good luck to AC!
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Mon May 11, 2015 9:32 am

See below
Last edited by acesfull on Mon May 11, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Mon May 11, 2015 9:34 am

Not trying to argue with you Windthorstdad just my take on game 2 but #6 started game 2 and did good just errors and cpl base hits and it was 6-2 after 2 before the pitching change. And in the end your supposed to dance w the one that brung ya. I thought she did a great job when she came in in relief. Many of those runs in the second game came on errors and keeping innings alive by errors on usually routine plays. So 17 runs is not a true story cause many were not earned. There are 2 innings she gets out if a jam w no runs if errors aren't made w 2 outs. I do agree defensively that night y'all were off I personally have never seen Windy make that many errors but that's softball and/or baseball To me the pitching for y'all got ya back in and y'all were able to tie it up 6-6; however at some pt plays have to be made. You can't strike out every batter against a good offensive team. Hawley is good offensively and aggressive on base path. They really try to stretch base hits into doubles. The hitting was there as y'all scored 8 however I wasn't impressed w Hawley defensively they throw behind runners or throw home when plays go to 2 because your not gunning down runner coming around to score on slow roller to outfield . Maybe they were off too who knows.

Anyway thought y'all were just as good talent wise and skill wise Hawley got the timely hits after untimely errors by blue and that was the difference in game 2. I can't comment on game 1 wasn't there.

Thanks for the good luck we all need a little at this point as the level of okay steps up

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon May 11, 2015 11:27 am

It's perspective, not arguing. ;) Hawley is a decent team, I just don't feel they would win 2 of 3 against AC, Windthorst or Petrolia on normal day. Our errors were unreal and not what you expect from a typical Windthorst team. As for pitching, no blame was put on the pitcher, but when the other team has her timed and is blasting hits, then it's time for a change of pace. Good example is the AC/Windthorst game last year (I believe at Holliday) we were starting to hit Ashtyn and y'all switch to Hilbers. We could not get a solid hit on her and y'all almost came back to win it. No fault of Ashtyn, just a change of pace by your coach and it almost worked.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Mon May 11, 2015 1:14 pm

I agree the errors were very uncharacteristic of. Windthorst team. I even sd jokingly wish they'd do that against us...lol

lynx

Postby lynx » Mon May 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Good games this week in all regions...Haskell vs. Petrolia; AC vs. Hawley; Beckville vs. Harleton; Grapeland vs. Alto; Shiner vs. Ganado; Weimar vs. Thorndale and Harper vs. Three Rivers

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm

lynx wrote:Good games this week in all regions...Haskell vs. Petrolia; AC vs. Hawley; Beckville vs. Harleton; Grapeland vs. Alto; Shiner vs. Ganado; Weimar vs. Thorndale and Harper vs. Three Rivers

Let's move all the games to Jerry's World and make on heck of a weekend out of it. :))

lynx

Postby lynx » Tue May 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Great idea....don't have to deal with the rain! I'll give him a call

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed May 13, 2015 9:46 am

Region Game Picks:
Haskell vs. Petrolia
AC vs. Hawley
Beckville vs. Harleton
Grapeland vs. Alto
Shiner vs. Ganado
Weimar vs. Thorndale
Harper vs. Three Rivers

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed May 13, 2015 9:49 am

Region picks - I'll go with:
Petrolia over Haskell
Archer City over Hawley
Beckville over Harleton
Grapeland over Alto
Shiner over Ganado
Weimar over Thorndale
Harper over Three Rivers

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Sat May 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Ac rallied from 1 game defeceit after giving up 9-0 lead in last 2 frames in game 1 to defeat Haskell in 3 games

Game 1 11-10 Haskell

Game 2 2-1. AC

GAME 3: 7-4 AC this game was completed at 1 Saturday morning

PTown drops 2 heartbreakers to Hawley having a 3 run and 6 run lead in bothe games.

Game 1 6-5 Hawley

Game 2 13-11 Hawley

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon May 18, 2015 8:02 am

Great job by Archer City playing until the last out and coming out with the wins to advance. I said at the beginning of the season I felt the Region I championship might be the survivor of our district vs Hawley and it appears to be lining up that way. Good luck in the next round.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Tue May 19, 2015 12:25 pm

I know nothing about Forsan except they are still in, w/that being said I say AC Ladycats in 2

First game Thursday May 21 Lubbock Cooper complex

Game 2 and 3(if necessary)... Saturday

I do some credit to Haskell they got better and are well coached, in the first game they some how scored 11 runs on 5 hits and didn't have a batter reach 2nd base until the 6th of course walks and errors played a huge part in that. Believe by games end we had walked 10 or 11 and had 6 errors in a span of 2 innings...ouch. But your right windydad our girls didn't get demoralized they stepped up and got it done.

ComancheAlumni06

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:24 pm

Lady Comanches took care of Benevides in 5 innings this past Friday. 14-0. They it a tough one coming up. They face Weimar for the region and a trip to the tournament. Seems to come to this in region 4 every year lol

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Tue May 26, 2015 6:42 pm

acesfull wrote:Ac rallied from 1 game defeceit after giving up 9-0 lead in last 2 frames in game 1 to defeat Haskell in 3 games

Game 1 11-10 Haskell

Game 2 2-1. AC

GAME 3: 7-4 AC this game was completed at 1 Saturday morning

PTown drops 2 heartbreakers to Hawley having a 3 run and 6 run lead in bothe games.

Game 1 6-5 Hawley

Game 2 13-11 Hawley

This is a very ‘Salty and Sassy’ Girl’s Hawley Team... They have been to the State Tournament the last two years. These girls don't get rattled, they just play, they play hard and with a lot of confidence. These girls never consider themselves out of any game and can strike at anytime. They just play their game. I look forward to AC and welcome good competition. This should be a very interesting series with the first game on Thursday night, Graduation and Project Graduation on Friday Night and then the rest of the games on Saturday. Our Boys Baseball team is still in the playoffs as well and I do know that both team's seniors will be leaving project graduation early on Friday night, so that they can get plenty of rest for Archer City (Girls) and Stinnett - West High School (Boys). Good luck to the Bearcats… Hawley Rocks!!!
Prayers For Our Hurricane Victims, Prayers of Health and Recovery For Casey @ Refugio **== **== **== **== **==

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Wed May 27, 2015 9:14 am

should be a great series Hawley rocks, much like ya'll these girls don't quit( they could've packed it in after the deflating first loss to Haskell, but they responded like champs and sucked it up and got it done). Will come down to hitting, errors and walks at this point. Should be fun and intense.

IN baseball Miles is looking pretty salty in ya'lls region.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Wed May 27, 2015 10:12 am

acesfull wrote:should be a great series Hawley rocks, much like ya'll these girls don't quit( they could've packed it in after the deflating first loss to Haskell, but they responded like champs and sucked it up and got it done). Will come down to hitting, errors and walks at this point. Should be fun and intense.

IN baseball Miles is looking pretty salty in ya'lls region.

Yes for sure, it should be a great series. The boys and I will be in Hermleigh tomorrow for the first game, and we will be at Lubbock Cooper for the boys on Saturday. That way we can support both teams. I feel both our teams have good shots, but must play well and error free. Both AC and West have good teams or they would not be here and like you stated above... It comes down to who plays the best at that given time.

I don't know much about Miles, but they have been playing very well. But right now, we have West Texas in our sights and will have to work hard to advance, before thinking about anyone else. Good Luck to all teams... Safe travels and may the weather let us play some games...
Prayers For Our Hurricane Victims, Prayers of Health and Recovery For Casey @ Refugio **== **== **== **== **==

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu May 28, 2015 7:40 am

Here is a good humor story that our local TV station ran... It talks about the inner competition between our two teams (Girls & Boys) in the playoffs and the good natured ribbing between the two squads. They are both having fun with it and support each 100 percent. The story also talks about the two crowds of supporters that have come together and have been trying to make both teams’ games when travel and location permits. I am glad that today is finally here to get things started again; I just hope that the weather will hold and allow these games to take place safely for all involved. Best of luck to both teams tonight! Go Bearcats!

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/sport ... 0QV2HcgaKg

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu May 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Here is a nice write up about our area schools still in the playoff hunt...

http://www.reporternews.com/columnists/ ... e_36014476

ComancheAlumni06

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Shiner girls win game one 8-6 over Weimar girls. Game 2 on Sat.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Thu May 28, 2015 11:53 pm

It was a rough evening for the Hawley girls and the Archer City girls... The weather was horrendous with large hail, lightening, and flooding rains... HawleyRocks is a little sad that his truck now has hail damage... Dang... :(

They pushed the time and pushed the time to try and get this game in, finally after nearly 4 hours and no where to go, this game was cancelled and rescheduled to tomorrow at noon in Graford. This was not wanted as this is our graduation day and now this will cut in to practice time and everything... But endure we will...

Also, I have to tell you that the Hawley girls and the Archer City girls scheduled a rain delay dance off on the stage at Hermleigh, sorry AC but Hawley wins the dance off... ha ha...

I have to tell you that watching these two girls teams just come together and have loads of fun at a time like that, was truly special... What a great bunch of girls from both schools.... It was so much fun watching them all having so much carefree fun... Bless them all...

Let's just hope that tomorrow the weather will be better earlier in the day... Go Bearcats!!!!

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Fri May 29, 2015 8:21 am

Yes Hawleyrocks,

What a great expression of friendly competition. Although both teams are playing for something special, you wouldn't know it, they hung out got acquainted and made the most of it w/some fun.

Makes it kinda hard to root against either team. Instead you just have to root for your TEAM. What a great bunch of young ladies helping us old farts realize they play for fun and understand sportsmanship

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri May 29, 2015 9:44 am

It was neat seeing the pictures of the teams together on Twitter.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Fri May 29, 2015 10:52 am

acesfull wrote:Yes Hawleyrocks,

What a great expression of friendly competition. Although both teams are playing for something special, you wouldn't know it, they hung out got acquainted and made the most of it w/some fun.

Makes it kinda hard to root against either team. Instead you just have to root for your TEAM. What a great bunch of young ladies helping us old farts realize they play for fun and understand sportsmanship

Yes you are so right about that, with the way these girls came together and showed the fun side of things and their true personalities coming out in an awesome display of sportsmanship. Yes you are right, it will be hard to see a team lose this series, both teams are truly winners. I guess all you can do in these times is support your teams girls and show respect to the team that does not advance.

One thing for sure, at least for me is... Whichever team does advance, that is the team that I will support in the State tournament.

Again, I wish both teams all the best and safe travels.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Fri May 29, 2015 10:55 am

Windthorstfan wrote:It was neat seeing the pictures of the teams together on Twitter.

Yes for sure, that way others could enjoy what we did. It was a disappointing night for them I know since they did not get to play, but you sure could not tell it by watching them. Again... Bless them all !!!!

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Fri May 29, 2015 2:03 pm

Totally awesome game... Hawley 6 & Archer City 5. Hawley takes first game...

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Fri May 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Well darn it, didn't play well enough today. Got beat 6-5 and one of the worst overturns I've ever seen but we were just a little off and Hawley is a solid club. Love the way we finished, if we start that way we will be okay, but can't make errors on routine plays against good clubs and/or leave bases loaded. Hawley executed better today

congrats to Hawley on Game 1 win

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Fri May 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Yes AC finished strong and looked good doing it... Two really good ball clubs for sure. And like you said, any error or missed opportunity at this level can be the difference in advancing or going home.

Good luck to both teams tomorrow, safe travels and please let there be good weather...

ComancheAlumni06

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Sat May 30, 2015 6:20 pm

Good weather sure didn't come to the Shiner and Weimar game 2. Shiner girls are up 6 - 1 in the middle of the 5th. Game has been delayed close to 3 hours now.

ComancheAlumni06

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Sat May 30, 2015 7:15 pm

The game just finished, Weimar girls made it interesting in the latter stages. Came back to 6-5. They left the tieing run on 2nd as the Lady Comanches got a Weimar batter to ground out for the final out. The Shiner Lady Comanches will be Region 4s representative at the State Tourney.

ComancheAlumni06

Postby ComancheAlumni06 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Congratulations to the Weimar Lady Wildcats on a great run! Nothing to hang your heads about!
To those Shiner Lady Comanches, Congratulaions and well done! Your going to the State Tournament! Bring home that gold ladies!!!

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Sat May 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Well played Hawley, Well played..now go win in darn thing

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Sun May 31, 2015 8:22 am

Thank you Acesfull.... It was a great day to be a Bearcat fan yesterday, with the Hawley Lady Cats winning and advancing to the State Tournament for the third straight year. Hats off to the AC girls on a great season.

Hawley wins 7 to 3. Congratulations to the Hawley Girls Softball... Also advancing to the next round, the Hawley Boys beat Stinnett - West Texas 17 to 6... What a great day for Hawley. Love those Bearats!!! Hawley Rocks !!!

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Sun May 31, 2015 8:31 am

Ya'lls shortstop is the best I've seen this year on any level. She was the difference imo. She takes away an entire side of the field because of her range, ya'lls third base can literally play the bag and your 2nd base can shade toward first and on top of that she's your clean up and went 3 x 4 yesterday. Now that's a player.

HawleyRocks
Donating Member 16/17

Postby HawleyRocks » Sun May 31, 2015 8:53 am

acesfull wrote:Ya'lls shortstop is the best I've seen this year on any level. She was the difference imo. She takes away an entire side of the field because of her range, ya'lls third base can literally play the bag and your 2nd base can shade toward first and on top of that she's your clean up and went 3 x 4 yesterday. Now that's a player.

Yes, this young lady is definitely a player and a difference maker... She is the youngest of two sisters; Jordan the oldest graduated last year and was just something special as a pitcher with amazing talents and I sure do not want to make light of her accomplishments at all, but I have to state and I am sure she would agree with me, that little sister Kiki is the better all around athlete. She has always been a force at shortstop and wow, what a bat she has. She also has a canon for an arm and throw out even the fastest of runners... You are so right about her range and making it easier for her teammates on either side.

Return to “Texas Softball”