2013-2014 Softball

Ladies with bats, any questions??
WindthorstDad

Re: 2013-2014 Softball

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:13 am

Wildaggie wrote:Weimar's pitcher is still there. She is a senior this year.

My mistake, you're correct that Marak is coming back as a Senior. Weimar will be tough!
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

redneck

Postby redneck » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Example: Albany lost their pitcher and their backups were unimpressive. Their best returning player injured her knee and may miss the entire softball season. Petrolia returns their top pitcher but graduated their best hitters.

Ok ... just so ya know with regards to Albany... They did NOT lose their pitcher, she is a senior this year. Their backup finished the playoff game last year and was the winning pitcher against yall and petrolia. And the girl with the knee injury hardly played on varsity last season and did not bat on varsity. She is really good but is NOT a returning player as far as starters go. Just clarifying.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:24 pm

redneck wrote:Example: Albany lost their pitcher and their backups were unimpressive. Their best returning player injured her knee and may miss the entire softball season. Petrolia returns their top pitcher but graduated their best hitters.

Ok ... just so ya know with regards to Albany... They did NOT lose their pitcher, she is a senior this year. Their backup finished the playoff game last year and was the winning pitcher against yall and petrolia. And the girl with the knee injury hardly played on varsity last season and did not bat on varsity. She is really good but is NOT a returning player as far as starters go. Just clarifying.

Appreciate the corrections redneck. I am glad to hear Albany has their starting pitcher back. More competition in our region will be a good thing. Wish a full recovery to the girl who hurt her knee. Like Shiner, your coach usually produces a good team and I expect them to be tough again. Are there any Freshman expected to start this season?
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

Mudder

Postby Mudder » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:45 pm

Now W-Dad, I have no one involved in Albany s-ball but I follow enough to know that you're way off on your knowledge of our team. We had two pitchers they used equally throughout the playoffs and they are both returning (Sr & Soph)...the lefty came in as a Freshman and pitched extremely well in high pressure situations late in just about every game of the playoffs. And the best returning player that I think you must be talking about wasn't even a full-time starter last year. Yes, they will surely miss Schkade girl but they still have a lot coming back.

redneck

Postby redneck » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:49 pm

We don't anticipate any freshmen starting at this time.... we only lost 3 seniors so we still have quite a few returning players and have quite a few sophmores with talent.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Mudder wrote:Now W-Dad, I have no one involved in Albany s-ball but I follow enough to know that you're way off on your knowledge of our team. We had two pitchers they used equally throughout the playoffs and they are both returning (Sr & Soph)...the lefty came in as a Freshman and pitched extremely well in high pressure situations late in just about every game of the playoffs. And the best returning player that I think you must be talking about wasn't even a full-time starter last year. Yes, they will surely miss Schkade girl but they still have a lot coming back.

Mudder, after receiving redneck's reply, I called my "source" on the Albany information and told him it wasn't matching up. He apologized and said he was talking about Olney, not Albany, losing their Senior pitcher and then their best hitter to a knee injury.

So, I apologize to the Albany faithful and next time will check it out myself rather than depend on third-hand information.

Good luck this season.

Mudder

Postby Mudder » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Haha, no problem...Good luck to your girls, too!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Mudder wrote:Haha, no problem...Good luck to your girls, too!

And with this corrected information...I revise my pick for the Region I champion and predict it will come from the survivor of: Albany, Petrolia, Archer City or Windthorst. ;-)

Again, take my predictions with a grain of salt and as always, good luck to all the girls!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:40 am

Windthorstfan wrote:Windthorstdad - is the indoor practice facility complete?

Got some pitching work in Monday night at the new indoor facility. With outside temp at 24 degrees, we sure were happy to have this facility available. Great support by the Windthorst community getting this built and available for Trojans and Trojannettes.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:35 am

JV Girls basketball is done and was hoping those girls could start softball today but 4 inches of snow closed our school today. Maybe tomorrow.

lynx

Postby lynx » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:19 am

windthorstdad...lol...that is great stuff! Glen would love it and say"they don't know what they're talking about" How is the team looking? Are you getting in some good hockey practice in this weather?

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:24 am

lynx wrote:windthorstdad...lol...that is great stuff! Glen would love it and say"they don't know what they're talking about" How is the team looking? Are you getting in some good hockey practice in this weather?

Yeah, Glen got a kick out of it when I told him. We're missing 6 starters who are on our playoff bound basketball team. Mostly working at the indoor facility on hitting and pitching. Hitting is behind the pitching which I suppose is normal early in the year, especially since most are JV. Slappers look good and a couple girls are starting to rip the ball but still a work in progress. Both the sophomore and freshman pitchers look good so far but it's early. Play our first game on Tue the 18th at Holliday then at the Burkburnett Tournament that following weekend. Looking forward to some softball.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:28 am

lynx wrote: How is the team looking? Are you getting in some good hockey practice in this weather?

Might as well be playing hockey lol. Looking outside right now I still have entry of snow remaining. Supposed to be 51 degrees today so I'm hoping it'll be gone soon.

How's weather in your parts and how's your team looking?

iola fan
Donating Member 16/17

Postby iola fan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:52 pm

About a third of our team is still in basketball including my daughter. We have the bi district playoff game on Tuesday against horndale. Will see how it goes but I am sure ready for softball season to be here.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:30 pm

iola fan wrote:About a third of our team is still in basketball including my daughter. We have the bi district playoff game on Tuesday against horndale. Will see how it goes but I am sure ready for softball season to be here.

I hear you Iola fan. We have six starters on the basketball team which won district and received a bye. Our first softball game is 2/18 and tournament begins 2/20 so we may go with mostly JV for the first tourney of the season.

Good luck in basketball playoffs and your softball season.

redneck

Postby redneck » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Yea... this practice stuff has been ridiculous! Today will be the first day our girls (Albany) have practiced outside... got a game tomorrow... should be interesting! We still got 4-5 playing BBall also... will be nice to get on the field though!!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:12 am

Windthorst Trojannettes rescheduled their first softball game of the season to Monday, Feb 17th at Holliday @5:00 PM. Reason was most likely due to our boys basketball playoff game was scheduled for Tuesday Feb18th in Mineral Wells. Good luck to the boys and YES I am ready for some softball...finally! :ymapplause:

iola fan
Donating Member 16/17

Postby iola fan » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:16 am

Well we have made it to the third round in basketball so we are delayed some more. Good problem to have though. Good luck to y'all also WindthorstDad.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:36 am

Well due to ladycats playing bball.. Our first game Ladycat softball started 7 freshman a soph and 1 sr

Result

AC 12 Seymour 2

Not bad

Since then GIRLS were eliminated from playoffs so all shld be present this week

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:42 am

Basketball girls won so Trojanettes first softball game at Holliday will feature one varsity player and the remaining are JV

iola fan
Donating Member 16/17

Postby iola fan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:05 am

Haha that's the same problem here. We don't have a jv team but we only have nine girls without our basketball girls. A couple of them have never played before. We have four starters that are on the basketball team. Interesting because we have our tournament coming up this weekend but if we win in basketball those other girls won't be here yet. Plus they haven't practice softball any yet. Small town life!

iola fan
Donating Member 16/17

Postby iola fan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:41 am

Well our girls basketball season came to an end tonight. So we will have our whole team as we start play this weekend in our softball tournament that we co-host with North Zulch! We have a new coach and some new girls so I have no idea how this year will turn out. Hopefully we can at least get back to the playoffs!!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:43 am

WindthorstDad wrote:Basketball girls won so Trojanettes first softball game at Holliday will feature one varsity player and the remaining are JV

Good start for Windthorst softball with only one varsity player on the field. Our Trojanettes defeated the Holliday Varsity Lady Eagles last night 5-4 in a close game where the lead was never more than two runs. Good pitching, a few errors but we hit well for this early in the season. Happy with our young players too. On a personal note, my Freshman daughter went 2 for 4 with a walk so I was happy for her as I know she was nervous all day long.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:44 am

iola fan wrote:Well our girls basketball season came to an end tonight. So we will have our whole team as we start play this weekend in our softball tournament that we co-host with North Zulch! We have a new coach and some new girls so I have no idea how this year will turn out. Hopefully we can at least get back to the playoffs!!

Sorry to hear your basketball season ended but equally happy for you and your daughter to get softball rolling. Good luck to her and the team this season.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:23 am

Softball tournament today for the Windthorst Trojanettes in Burkburnett. Girls basketball team won again so for softball we are entered in the varsity bracket and will again field one varsity player and the remainder are JV. Same girls defeated a decent Holliday team Monday so we should be competitive. Varsity pitcher will go on game #1 vs Pampa and we'll start a freshman pitcher on game #2 vs Burkburnett JV (they are playing up). Tournament continues tomorrow and finishes Saturday. Hope our bats are hot and the pitching is sound. Go Windthorst!

What tournaments are your teams playing in this weekend?

redneck

Postby redneck » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:09 pm

ALbany girls are playing in Stephenville this weekend and Eula Tourn next weekend. We lost BBall so we got everyone back- prolly a little "rusty" but we will see how it goes. Looking forward to a softball weekend!! Good luck to W'thorst... by the way (on a side note).. ya'lls boys beat us Tues night.. we had a 1 -2 hour delay cause refs didn't show up and I got to chat with a bunch of windthorst folks... I really enjoy playing ya'll in sports... good people from there!!! :-bd

iola fan
Donating Member 16/17

Postby iola fan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:16 am

We have our tournament here this weekend. We beat Mumford 10-6 in our first game. Not bad considering we had two practices as a team before we played.

iola fan
Donating Member 16/17

Postby iola fan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:55 am

We beat Snook 17-4 friday to advance to the championship game of our tournament today. We play Somerville.

iola fan
Donating Member 16/17

Postby iola fan » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:21 pm

Iola beat Somerville 9-6 to win our own tournament today! That's the first time we won it for sure in four years. Pretty good considering we had two practices before we played a.game! Might turn out to be a good year!

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:12 am

Trojanettes won the Silver Bracket of the Burkburnett tournament. Lost to Pampa 4-11 in pool play, beat Burk JV 7-6 and WF City View 6-3 in pool play. Beat Electra (last score I received was 10-0 Top 4th), Burk JV 12-0, and Haskell 7-0 in championship.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:58 am

Windthorstfan wrote:Trojanettes won the Silver Bracket of the Burkburnett tournament. Lost to Pampa 4-11 in pool play, beat Burk JV 7-6 and WF City View 6-3 in pool play. Beat Electra (last score I received was 10-0 Top 4th), Burk JV 12-0, and Haskell 7-0 in championship.

Sure was proud of the Trojanettes performance in the Burk tournament. Varsity pitcher went 3-1 avg 8Ks per game and Freshman pitcher went 2-0 avg 7Ks per game. The main thing was the girls were hitting the ball well. Plenty of doubles and a few triples and the slappers were successful too.

Basketball girls loss to Santo so we'll have our full V/JV teams ready to play at Decatur tomorrow.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:40 am

iola fan wrote:Iola beat Somerville 9-6 to win our own tournament today! That's the first time we won it for sure in four years. Pretty good considering we had two practices before we played a.game! Might turn out to be a good year!

Great job! It's always nice to win your own tournament. Keep up the good work.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:42 am

redneck wrote:ALbany girls are playing in Stephenville this weekend and Eula Tourn next weekend. We lost BBall so we got everyone back- prolly a little "rusty" but we will see how it goes. Looking forward to a softball weekend!! Good luck to W'thorst... by the way (on a side note).. ya'lls boys beat us Tues night.. we had a 1 -2 hour delay cause refs didn't show up and I got to chat with a bunch of windthorst folks... I really enjoy playing ya'll in sports... good people from there!!! :-bd

You might have spoke with me as I was visiting with the Albany folks while waiting for the refs. Enjoyed the game as it was very competitive but we lost to Poolville so it's on to Baseball and Track for our boys now.

How'd the Albany softball team do this past weekend?

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:24 am

Good softball in some cold weather last night. Varsity defeated Decatur 10-5 while the JV won 6-2. Both teams play in the Wichita Falls Invitational (at Sunrise Optimist Club fields) this Thur-Sat.

Where are your teams playing this weekend?

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:37 am

Hey aces! How are the Archer City softball girls doing so far this season?

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:09 am

Trojanettes pound WF Rider (4A) 15-0 and then defeat Vernon (3A) 9-3. Rider has fallen big time, once upon a time they were a 4A powerhouse.

JV also beat up on the bigger school JV teams as they defeated WFHS JV(4A) 19-1 (hit 5 hrs), Iowa Park (3A) 17-6, and Rider 12-4.

iola fan
Donating Member 16/17

Postby iola fan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:09 am

Sounds like Windthorst is looking plenty good beating up on some of those big schools. Iola is now 7-1 so that's a great start. In our tournament we won we had Navasota and Hempstead in it.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:58 am

Friday ran into a bit of trouble against some 3A schools in Mineral Wells and Iowa Park as they beat us 6-10 and 1-8. Girls bounced back Saturday with wins over 3A Graham 7-2 and 3A Perryton 7-5.

On a 1A note I saw Archer City defeated Petrolia 2-1 Friday night.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:Friday ran into a bit of trouble against some 3A schools in Mineral Wells and Iowa Park as they beat us 6-10 and 1-8. Girls bounced back Saturday with wins over 3A Graham 7-2 and 3A Perryton 7-5.

On a 1A note I saw Archer City defeated Petrolia 2-1 Friday night.

Mineral Wells and Iowa Park losses were combination of fielding errors and hitting the ball right at the opponents. It's good to get these mistakes out in the open now so the coaching staff can address them before district play begins. 4-2 tournament record was still a good start for the Trojanettes.

Impressed by Archer City's victory over Petrolia. We do not have Petrolia on the schedule and don't play Archer City until 3/31. Hope to improve our play between now and then as I see Archer City as our top competition in district this year. GO TROJANETTES!!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:38 pm

The Windthorst JV went 6-0 to win the Sunrise Optimist JV tournament division. JV defeated 4A WFHS JV 19-1, 3A Iowa Park JV 17-6,
4A Rider JV Black 12-4, 4A Rider JV Gold 14-0, 3A Graham JV 12-1, and 3A Iowa Park JV in Championship game 10-2.

Trojanettes averaged 14 runs per game and only allowed 2.3 runs per game.

As my friend WindthorsFan said: The future looks bright for Windthorst softball

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:05 am

It was cold last night but the Windthorst bats were hot. Varsity defeated Seymour 14-0 and JV won 11-0.

Where did you team play and what was the outcome?

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:07 am

How is Albany doing this year?

redneck

Postby redneck » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:00 pm

Sorry... haven't checked in for awhile... Albany (can't lie) has had a slow start ~x( but things look like they are beginning to come around. Bats started slow but are beginning to heat up. We actually got beat by Hamlin in first district game which was disappointing, but appears to have got things going back in the right direction. I'll do better about keeping everyone informed. Sounds like the W'thorst girls are playing good.... hope we get to meet them later in the year!!!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Good to hear from you redneck. I heard something about the Hamlin/Albany game but didn't believe it. Oh well, you get another shot at them and I'm sure Albany will come out on top. Our JV beat Haskell 7-0 in the Silver championship game at Burkburnett tournament earlier this year and our varsity is doing well and currently ranked #4 (but it's early). Bats are still coming around but the pitching has been solid for both teams. Like Iola Fans stated once: "It all starts in the circle".

Would love to meet Albany as that would mean both teams made it to regionals and were gearing up for a state run. Good luck.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Trojannettes beat up on Seymour once again to the tune of 18-3. Pretty sure this was the 4th time we have played them this year.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:Trojannettes beat up on Seymour once again to the tune of 18-3. Pretty sure this was the 4th time we have played them this year.

I believe that is correct. JV was winning 10-2 in the fourth inning so it may be over by now. Looks like playing 3A/4A teams early in the year is paying off for Windthorst softball teams.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:24 pm

Iola Fan, acesful, mudder, redneck, lynx, wildaggie, water boy, dogfan1, dawgpound, anyone I left off:

District play is underway! How do you see each team finishing (in order) in your district?

lynx

Postby lynx » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:32 pm

WindthorstDad wrote:Iola Fan, acesful, mudder, redneck, lynx, wildaggie, water boy, dogfan1, dawgpound, anyone I left off:

District play is underway! How do you see each team finishing (in order) in your district?

Weimar and Shiner should battle it out with Ganado and Flatonia going for the 3rd spot...but you never know as injuries have hit several of the teams in that district. Do not know any details just gossip in the beer joints (lol)

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:49 am

Windthorst Trojanettes blanked Graford 16-0 in three innings yesterday. JV players played the third inning in the field. Way to start off district play ladies!

Wildaggie

Postby Wildaggie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:09 am

Weimar is 3 and 0 in district play and even though they don't look as good as last year, I still think they win the district. Flatonia has now suffered 3 losses in district play and it will be a real challenge for them to make the playoffs. I think Weimar finishes 1st with Shiner and Ganado battling for 2nd and 3rd. Weimar has suffered a few injuries with the starting 1st baseman (torn ACL) out for the year. I am not sure about Ganado, but I believe Shiner and Flatonia are at full force.

Return to “Texas Softball”