Windthorstfan

Re: 2016 GIRLS PLAYOFF MATCH-UPS

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:27 am

I think Windthorst will be the only D9 school advancing

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:I think Windthorst will be the only D9 school advancing

We shall see, we are Jeckly and Hyde, play like we did against ya''ll first game of district or like we did last night we will be a tough out.

Play like we did against yall in 2nd game or against Electra blowing a 20 pt lead in 4ht quarter we will be packing it in.

Should be interesting. If our bigs get going we are tough

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:16 pm

acesfull wrote:

We shall see, we are Jeckly and Hyde, play like we did against ya''ll first game of district or like we did last night we will be a tough out.

Play like we did against yall in 2nd game or against Electra blowing a 20 pt lead in 4ht quarter we will be packing it in.

My thoughts are based purely on Maxpreps rankings Goldthwaite #4, Santo #11, Hico #13, and Hamilton #33. AC is ranked #32. There is no excuse for losing to Electra especially after wiping the floor with them to the tune of 69-14. Regarding the first game against Windthorst it is my understanding that one of our starters were out and y'all had a field day inside. IMO the girl that was out is one of more physical players and when she played the second game the game was a different story!!! That being said rankings don't mean jack squat and that is why the game is played since you never know when David is going to slay Goliath once the ball is tipped.

H.TIGFAN

Postby H.TIGFAN » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:37 pm

DIST 9 VS DIST 10

HICO VS PETROLIA - Tuesday @ Jacksboro
WINDTHORST VS HAMILTON - Monday in Lipan
ARCHER CTIY VS SANTO - Tuesday @ Bowie
SEYMOUR VS GOLDTHWAITE - Monday @ Albany

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:17 am

I don't know that much about District 10, but I know outside of Windy, District 9 is pretty down.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:50 am

Windthorstfan wrote:
acesfull wrote:

My thoughts are based purely on Maxpreps rankings Goldthwaite #4, Santo #11, Hico #13, and Hamilton #33. AC is ranked #32. There is no excuse for losing to Electra especially after wiping the floor with them to the tune of 69-14. Regarding the first game against Windthorst it is my understanding that one of our starters were out and y'all had a field day inside. IMO the girl that was out is one of more physical players and when she played the second game the game was a different story!!! That being said rankings don't mean jack squat and that is why the game is played since you never know when David is going to slay Goliath once the ball is tipped.

Second game w had 2 starters out. Sierra Mooney and Audry Lopez. Which also kills us on depth. So imagine ya'll playing wo #3 and #4 on floor the entire game score could easily be reversed. But it is what it is, and it was a 17-20 pt lead going to the fourth and we just gave in at that point and got it handed to us. I agree w/the Electra but one of those lightening in a bottle and played horrible horrible and like I said blew a 20 pt lead, it happens from time to time. Yall lost to Iowa Park who we beat so it does happen. I assure you Santo would've rather drawn Seymour. We play up to our abilities I believe we win, play like i mentioned and yes a short say in the playoffs.On the rankings you're right...Hico won the district and are ranked below the 2 and 3 seeds, but Maxpreps is not a good rating system at all. Heck one year in football they had 10 teams ahead of Stamford in football.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:27 am

Not for sure, but I think our girls that went 2-8 in district 3 would have finished 2nd or 3rd in district 9..... They played Petrolia really close early and beat AC, and I don't remember the Windy score but I know Tatum didn't play very good against us.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:39 am

We embarassed Iowa Park 57-38 at their place 3 days before AC beat them by 2 at home. Iowa Park had something to prove the second time we played and they came up with the shots in the 4th quarter to win by 7. Santo historically has been a team that goes 3-4 rounds deep in the playoffs. Then again I have been known to be wrong from time to time!!!

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:48 am

hardrockers wrote:Not for sure, but I think our girls that went 2-8 in district 3 would have finished 2nd or 3rd in district 9..... They played Petrolia really close early and beat AC, and I don't remember the Windy score but I know Tatum didn't play very good against us.

Windthorst defeated Quanah 50-25 as Tatum scored 25. Trojanettes second game of the season had only been in basketball not quite 2 weeks.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:50 am

hardrockers wrote:Not for sure, but I think our girls that went 2-8 in district 3 would have finished 2nd or 3rd in district 9..... They played Petrolia really close early and beat AC, and I don't remember the Windy score but I know Tatum didn't play very good against us.

Seymour didn't beat AC this year. AC beat them by 20 both times. No biggy yr in yr out Seymour is tough out

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:51 am

acesfull wrote:

Seymour didn't beat AC this year. AC beat them by 20 both times. No biggy yr in yr out Seymour is tough out

He was referring to Quanah!!!

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:03 am

Windthorstfan wrote:

Windthorst defeated Quanah 50-25 as Tatum scored 25. Trojanettes second game of the season had only been in basketball not quite 2 weeks.

She really scored that much? It really didn't seem like she played all too well. Comparing her to when I watched her play Seymour last year mostly.

Ya, Quanah lost to Pretrolia 44-38 in Petrolia back in December, then beat Archer at Quanah by 11. Don't graduate a ton, should be really competitive in the district next year with that group of teams. The only team in the district that just laid it to them was Wellington, and they are pretty stinking good. Lost a bunch of games late because of inexperience.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:03 am

Windthorstfan wrote:
acesfull wrote:

Shhhh, don't tell everyone I am an Indian.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:25 pm

hardrockers wrote:She really scored that much? It really didn't seem like she played all too well. Comparing her to when I watched her play Seymour last year mostly.

That's what was reported by the Times Record News!!!

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:19 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:
acesfull wrote:

My bad that's what i'm referring to as Jeckly and Hyde. We scored an entire 29 pts against quanah. FYI and never bring up officials but THOSE WERE THE ABSOLUTE WORSE I'VE EVER SEEN IN WATCHING THE GAME FOR 35 YRS OUT OF THE CHILDRESS CHAPTER, I MEAN ONE LOOKED DRUNK, IT WAS HORRIBLE. Quanah SHOT 29 free throws, to our 10 or something like that it was sick one way. No excuse we shouldn't have gotten beat play them 20 times we beat them 19. in the end we scored 29 points. JUST BAD ALL THE WAY AROUND AND WE HAD 4 OF OUR STARTING 5 FOUL OUT

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:17 pm

acesfull wrote:
Windthorstfan wrote:
acesfull wrote:

My bad that's what i'm referring to as Jeckly and Hyde. We scored an entire 29 pts against quanah. FYI and never bring up officials but THOSE WERE THE ABSOLUTE WORSE I'VE EVER SEEN IN WATCHING THE GAME FOR 35 YRS OUT OF THE CHILDRESS CHAPTER, I MEAN ONE LOOKED DRUNK, IT WAS HORRIBLE. Quanah SHOT 29 free throws, to our 10 or something like that it was sick one way. No excuse we shouldn't have gotten beat play them 20 times we beat them 19. in the end we scored 29 points. JUST BAD ALL THE WAY AROUND AND WE HAD 4 OF OUR STARTING 5 FOUL OUT

Childress doesn't have a chapter. We use either Wichita Falls or Amarillo for Varsity games, and refs are horrible everywhere this year, easily the worst year of refs I have ever seen.

We were using Amarillo, but we seriously scratched 4 guys in a row just completely awful, everyone in our district is scratching them. So we have moved back to using WF refs, not like they are a lot better right now.

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:40 am

2015-16 UIL Girls State Basketball Championships - 2A Regions 1 & 3

http://www.uiltexas.org/basketball/play ... rls/2A/1-3

2015-16 UIL Girls State Basketball Championships - 2A Regions 2 & 4

http://www.uiltexas.org/basketball/play ... rls/2A/2-4

H.TIGFAN

Postby H.TIGFAN » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:30 pm

hardrockers wrote:I don't know that much about District 10, but I know outside of Windy, District 9 is pretty down.

Dist. 10 was a good girls basketball district. 4th place Hamilton is more than capable of defeating Windthorst. Hamilton has defeated 5A team, but did turn around a lose to a team it should have beaten. Depends on what team shows up.

Hico, Santo, and Goldthwaite should all win by 10 points at least.

Non-District records

Goldthwaite : 13-1
Santo 16-1
Hico 15-3

These three went to war with each other in their district games.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:54 am

H.TIGFAN wrote:
hardrockers wrote:I don't know that much about District 10, but I know outside of Windy, District 9 is pretty down.

Dist. 10 was a good girls basketball district. 4th place Hamilton is more than capable of defeating Windthorst. Hamilton has defeated 5A team, but did turn around a lose to a team it should have beaten. Depends on what team shows up.

Non-District records

Santo 16-1
Hico 15-3

I know we don't have anything else to go on except the eye test, but on the boys side, Shamrock is still undefeated. Undefeated in non-district and undefeated in district, and I expect them to lose first or second round.

Not saying that is going to happen here, but it is hard to just use record.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:10 pm

H.TIGFAN wrote: 4th place Hamilton is more than capable of defeating Windthorst. Hamilton has defeated 5A team, but did turn around a lose to a team it should have beaten. Depends on what team shows up.

Any given night!!! You don't show up and look past an opponent your liable to get bitten.

Windthorst is led by sensational sophomore 5'8 Tatum Vietenheimer, a top 50 recruit in her class. She is a gym rat but is also an outstanding volleyball and softball player. She leads the Wichita Falls area in scoring and steals and is #2 in assists. She is a natural point guard but is often moved to the 2 guard to take advantage of her developing 3 pt shot.

Story in today's Times Record News

Tatum Veitenheimer’s 46 highlights super sophomore season
http://www.timesrecordnews.com/columnis ... 45031.html

Tatum Veitenheimer's season has seemed to fly by.

That's also a great description for how she scores points by the bushel. Veitenheimer might not be able to line up in the starting blocks and win the 100-meter dash at state track, but her instincts and ability to finish full speed with either hand make Windthorst's super sophomore the quickest on the court most nights.

Veitenheimer recently scored 46 points in a game. And when you do something her coach — Heather Schreiber Stark — didn't do in four great years as a Trojanette, well then, you've done something.

The 46 points may not be a school record, but I can't recall a Trojanette scoring that many in my 25 seasons here and neither could Stark. Now she did have to do that on a night I was covering the area's best boys rivalry, Burkburnett versus Hirschi. I'll have to get on her about her timing, but I did catch her first triple double earlier this season.

Windthorst folks are spoiled they get to see the show twice a week. Other area hoops fans should make sure they see her once or twice, you never know what you'll see from the 5-8 sophomore who is drawing nationwide interest from college recruiters.

In the explosion against Petrolia, Veitenheimer made 16 of 33 field goals (14 of 24 two-pointers and 2 of 9 from 3-point range). Her shot chart included midrange jumpers from the baseline and two from the free-throw line area and lots and lots of layups.

The best way to score is and always has been at the basket and at the free-throw line. This generation has added open 3-pointers to that list. Veitenheimer converted 12 of 16 free throws in her 46-point effort.

Veitenheimer averages an area-best 25.6 points per game. She's also first in steals, lapping the field at 7.3, and second to Rider's Ashley Reid with 5.5 assists. Obviously, some Class 2A guards aren't equipped to handle Veitenheimer's quick hands and great instincts, but they shouldn't feel too bad, her club coach tells me Tatum has picked the pockets of some of the best Division I-bound guards in the country.

Offensively, she's worked more on a 3-point shot and being able to catch and shoot as a shooting guard as well. But to me her most impressive shot is one that looks the easiest and that's a steal and full-speed left-handed layup. College teams give away points on that same play. Veitenheimer can make you forget she's right-handed at times.

"I think she's being a little more aggressive offensively, looking for more ways to score," Stark said. "But at the same time, she's still averaging 5.5 assists."

A point guard by trade, the Trojanettes really got better offensively by being able to play her off the ball more to take advantage of her improved 3-point shot. The other side of that was the ability of Sydni Clifton and others to make plays with the ball.

"I feel like we've gotten better at lockdown defense, and I think we're shooting a lot better," Veitenheimer said recently about her team's improvement. "

Veitenheimer has no problem handling the ball and moving it when she's doubled, but if she's always handling at the top, that would sometimes make it too easy for an opponent to force less dangerous offensive players to take all the shots.

Veitenheimer has made 49 3-point shots but her team as a whole, lacking a dominant post presence, has embraced the 3 with great success. Windthorst went 10-0 to sweep District 9-2A and is 26-3 entering Monday's playoff opener against Hamilton.

Veitenheimer will probably have more great games and maybe more games in the 40s. One reason is she doesn't take her junior and senior years for granted.

That No. 32 she wears for her grandmother doesn't allow her to take things for granted. A tweet she sent out this week read, "play every game like it's your last because you never know when it will be."

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:54 pm

H.TIGFAN wrote:

Non-District records

Santo 16-1
Hico 15-3

You have to see the other teams play before you make that assessment. But you maybe right we shall soon find out. District 9 is no slouch. Especially the top 2 teams. AC is Jeckyl and Hyde much like Hamilton, you don't pack your lunch you maybe packing your bags.

H.TIGFAN

Postby H.TIGFAN » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:43 pm

WINDTHORST 47-39 HAMILTON - FINAL

H.TIGFAN

Postby H.TIGFAN » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:04 pm

GOLDTHWAITE 27-21 SEYMOUR

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:26 am

Seymour played better than I thought they would, D9 might make some noise.

My team to watch is Wellington, out of region 1. Most complete team I saw play all year.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:04 am

hardrockers wrote:Seymour played better than I thought they would, D9 might make some noise.

Must say I was surprised by the score of that game. Both teams made the same amount of baskets in the game the difference being Goldthwaite made four 3's to Seymour's 0 and outscored them 7-5 at the charity line.

It will be up to Archer City for districts to split as I don't see any way Petrolia keeps it close with Hico.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:51 am

Windthorstfan wrote:
hardrockers wrote:Seymour played better than I thought they would, D9 might make some noise.

Must say I was surprised by the score of that game. Both teams made the same amount of baskets in the game the difference being Goldthwaite made four 3's to Seymour's 0 and outscored them 7-5 at the charity line.

It will be up to Archer City for districts to split as I don't see any way Petrolia keeps it close with Hico.

Seymour was the 4 seed right? So why couldn't the rest of the district compete?

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:03 am

Windthorstfan wrote:

Agree windyfan. We just never know which team shows up. Of course we have been extremely banged up all year beginning w scrimmage when one our starting guards tore her ACL, coaches kid. Has not made it back. If our guard and post can get going early i like our chances, if not, could be a long night.

Hopefully the team that played Seymour last game of the season shows up. Very intense and focused

Seymour was the 3 seed

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:39 pm

hardrockers wrote:Seymour was the 4 seed right? So why couldn't the rest of the district compete?

Petrolia is the 4 seed. There was Windthorst and Archer City then a big drop to Seymour and Petrolia. Seymour beat Ptwon by 5 and 7.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:03 pm

AC wins 52-47..

Guess D-9 can play a little ball. Never count your eggs before they hatch H Tiger. Santo is packing their bags.

FYI santo won the flip and choose to go 3rd seed that worked out well. =))
Last edited by acesfull on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:10 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:
hardrockers wrote:Seymour was the 4 seed right? So why couldn't the rest of the district compete?

Petrolia is the 4 seed. There was Windthorst and Archer City then a big drop to Seymour and Petrolia. Seymour beat Ptwon by 5 and 7.

Our girls lost to petrolia by 3, and beat ac by 12 or so. Jeckyl and hyde.....

H.TIGFAN

Postby H.TIGFAN » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:12 pm

HICO 36-30 PETROLIA
Ugly win. Hico was ripe for an upset, but prevailed.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:28 am

H.TIGFAN wrote:HICO 36-30 PETROLIA

Based on scores of all the games id say top to bottom pretty evenly matched. Why you can't judge sometimes wo seeing other teams. Aka when Hico football team played Stamfords butt off in state semis. Santo had a hard time w Ac on the boards and Ac did a great job on defense of stifling their leading scorers changing up defenses and Getting into their heads. Our ladies are physical and don't think Santo had seen that physical. We play windthorst and Seymour and Petrolia and see physical quite often. Eventually Howard from santo got a foul and then she sd something to offcial which resulted in her getting a T for her 5th foul. She had to deal w Hasley all night and eventually we went to man and Hasley was in her like cold on ice. finished w 14.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:35 am

This surprised me seeing how we had wins of 30 and 27 and Archer City beat them by 20 both times. This time of the year though doesn't matter how pretty it is - all about surviving and getting to the next one.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:38 am

Windthorstfan wrote:

This surprised me seeing how we had wins of 30 and 27 and Archer City beat them by 20 both times. This time of the year though doesn't matter how pretty it is - all about surviving and getting to the next one.

Survive and advance you nailed it

1 or 100 don't care which as I say

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:41 am

acesfull wrote:FYI santo won the flip and choose to go 3rd seed that worked out well. =))

Heard Seymour won the flip and choose to go 4th seed to avoid Muenster/Dallas Gateway in the 2nd round of the boys playoffs.

Muenster girls are ranked in the Top 10 as well and that is who the 2nd seed faces this round so that must have been who they were looking to avoid but them Lady Wildcats solved that problem!!!

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:43 am

Looking at the bracket Muenster was either a 2nd round or 3rd game for that side of the bracket. You were going to have beat them at some point to extend your season....doesn't make a lot of sense to me. IMO there was a big drop off from 2nd seed to the 3rd seed in our district.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:48 am

Windthorstfan wrote:
acesfull wrote:FYI santo won the flip and choose to go 3rd seed that worked out well. =))

Heard Seymour won the flip and choose to go 4th seed to avoid Muenster/Dallas Gateway in the 2nd round of the boys playoffs.

Muenster girls are ranked in the Top 10 as well and that is who the 2nd seed faces this round so that must have been who they were looking to avoid but them Lady Wildcats solved that problem!!!

Yes sir. play who ya draw. I mean i understand the logic but if you don't get passed first RNd by playing a team like Ac who beat Seymour twice by 20 commons sense wld dictate you'd want to play Seymour and at least have a chance at a second round. Instead of playing a pretty tough opponent out of the gate. But like you sd they don't have to worry abt that now.

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 am

You have to play them all eventually. I'm sure some fans at santo are wondering. " now exactly why did we choose to go 3rd seed?" That was pretty dang good squad and we not have a gold ball in our case now

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:01 am

CLASS 2A Region I

Abernathy 59-54 Vega

Canadian 83-56 Memphis

Panhandle 83-22 New Deal

Christoval 66-32 Hawley

Tahoka 72-32 Fort Hancock

Haskell 40-32 Forsan

Smyer 83-7 Anthony...(?correct score?)

Wellington 52-37 Sunray

Farwell 72-36 Hale Center

Gruver 65-34 Shamrock

Claude 51-35 Olton

Sudan 41-12 Van Horn

Miles 64-43 Stamford

Sundown, bye

Irion County 49-36 Anson

http://www.reporternews.com/sports/high ... 61271.html

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:03 am

CLASS 2A Region II

Frost 45-34 Poolville

Archer City 52-47 Santo

Muenster, bye

Goldthwaite 27-21 Seymour

Union Grove 64-29 Detroit

Honey Grove 67-20 Fruitvale

Clarksville 54-46 Hawkins

Bells 47-24 Quinlan Boles

Hico 36-30 Petrolia

Windthorst 47-39 Hamilton

Alvord 65-39 Itasca

Martins Mill 70-37 Trenton

McLeod 62-46 Bogata Rivercrest

Wolfe City 61-33 Como-Pickton

Harleton 60-26 Maud

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:05 pm

acesfull wrote:Based on scores of all the games id say top to bottom pretty evenly matched.

Windthorst 20 27 40 47
Hamilton ....6 13 26 39

Goldthwaite 6 14 21 27
Seymour .....8 11 18 21

Archer City 9 26 41 52
Santo ......15 26 39 47

No line score on Hico-Petrolia in Times Record News

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:55 pm

Bearcat77 wrote:CLASS 2A Region I

Smyer 83-7 Anthony...(?correct score?)

yup...wow, what happen---injuries ? :-? ?
Smyer 83-7 Anthony

2/15 @ Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4=Final
Smyer--22-25-18-18=83
Anthony-0--3---0--4==7

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/sm ... -(smyer,tx)/girls-basketball/home.htm

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:
acesfull wrote:Based on scores of all the games id say top to bottom pretty evenly matched.

No line score on Hico-Petrolia in Times Record News

Hico 36-30 Petrolia

2/16...Q1-Q2-Q3-Q4=Final
Petrolia--5-7-6-12=30
Hico-----11-5-7-13=36

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/hi ... s-(hico,tx)/girls-basketball/home.htm

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:32 am

Bearcat77 wrote:CLASS 2A Region I
Miles 64-43 Stamford

BIG COUNTRY NOTEBOOK:Big Country Sports.
By Evan Ren of the Abilene Reporter News.

STAMFORD BETTER THAN IT LOOKED.

"In the aftermath of its 64-43 loss to Miles on Tuesday, here are some quick thoughts about Stamford's record-setting girls basketball team.

First off, the bi-district defeat was really about matchups, more than an indictment about the quality of the Stamford squad. Certain teams have the ability to make certain others look bad. That's just the game of basketball.

Miles, with a gifted 6-foot-2 post in Hannah Wilson (26 points, 15 rebounds) against a Stamford team with nobody taller than 5-8? The battle lines were pretty much drawn for SHS, which had to outplay Miles in the backcourt to win. The only problem was, MHS had good enough guard play to negate what Stamford had to do.

It was the worst possible matchup for coach Jim Eubank's club, which had relied on its quickness to create extra possessions all year. Unfortunately for Stamford, that matchup occurred in the bi-district round, but that's just geographic bad luck.

Secondly, it's important to note that Stamford (23-8) finished the year with a program record for wins in a season. High-level girls basketball teams have been uncommon at SHS, so the people up there were getting vocal about this group.

That may get blurred by the early playoff exit, but it really shouldn't be that way.

This was one of the best girls basketball teams ever produced at Stamford.

That's the way it should be remembered."

http://www.reporternews.com/sports/big- ... 10241.html

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:01 am

CLASS 2A

Region I AREA ROUND

Abernathy vs. Canadian (24-5), 6 p.m. Friday, Amarillo Caprock

Panhandle (30-1) vs. Stratford (20-7), 6:30 p.m. Friday, Amarillo Tascosa

Christoval (29-5) vs. Tahoka, 6:30 p.m. Friday, Big Spring

Haskell (22-9) vs. Smyer, 8 p.m. Friday, Spur

Wellington (26-4) vs. Farwell (22-5), 8 p.m. Friday, Amarillo Tascosa

Gruver (27-4) vs. Claude (27-4), 6:30 p.m. Friday, Borger

Sudan vs. Miles (20-7), 7 p.m. Friday, Ackerly Sands

Sundown vs. Irion county (23-9), 6:30 p.m. Friday, Midland Lee

http://www.reporternews.com/sports/high ... 47311.html

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:02 am

CLASS 2A

Region II AREA ROUND

Frost (24-2) vs. Archer City, 7 p.m. Friday, Saginaw

Muenster vs. Goldthwaite (24-4), 6 p.m. Friday, Mineral Wells

Union Grove (29-4) vs. Honey Grove, 6:30 p.m. Friday, Emory

Clarksville vs. Bells (24-6), 6 p.m. Friday, Paris

Hico vs. Era, 6 p.m. Friday, Brock

Windthorst vs. Alvord, 6 p.m. Friday, Henrietta

Martins Mill 89-37 McLeod

Wolfe City (22-7) vs. Harleton, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sulphur Springs

http://www.reporternews.com/sports/high ... 47311.html

H.TIGFAN

Postby H.TIGFAN » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:23 pm

Hico 47-28 Era

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Well started out great 15-0 run to start game then a 10 pt half time lead. Started going cold in 2nd qrtr and Frost opened w a 10-0 run to tie it up after break. We never recovered and cldnt ever get back in a groove offensively. Just a bad night from the floor and ft line which has been our Achilles. our d was there most of the game just cldnt find bottom of bucket final 47-39. Effort was there Played hard till the end just have to have all engines churning and offensively it didnt

Congrats to frost l, do a lot w a little. Never panicked after being down quick. Shoot treys well when open and consistent from ft lone. Defensively always in good position and great at flopping and taking charges. Don't try to blk a lot of shots make you make it, open shots are there we just cldnt hit. There Achilles not great against pressure, we jumped out early w a 1/2/2 that gave them problems and caused few easy baskets get them in foul trouble but they had the perfect officials for this game they let A LOT slide on bother sides but called tighter they wld have had problems only 2 on the bench and well they enterd first time w 15 secs lft. But evidently that doesn't happen much or they wld have more than 2 losses.

H.TIGFAN

Postby H.TIGFAN » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Hico will play Windthorst Tuesday @ 6pm in Brock.

Return to “Texas Basketball”