Harrold - Crowell Linescores in TRN

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:40 am

Boys
Free Throws
Crowell 11-23 Harrold 15-42

Girls
Free Throws
Crowell 15-42 Harrold 16-35

Sounds like it was a long night in Harrold - never ending whistles - hope those officials never call a Windthorst game that I am attending!!!

WindthorstDad

Re: Harrold - Crowell Linescores in TRN

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:48 am

Windthorstfan wrote:Sounds like it was a long night in Harrold - never ending whistles - hope those officials never call a Windthorst game that I am attending!!!

You sure it wasn't the same two jokers who called our 12/28 Nocona game? I'm hoping our coach has blacklisted those two from calling future Trojan games.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

acesfull

Postby acesfull » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:32 am

Two worst things in the world an ump that changes his strike zone and bball officials who call everything in the world. Oh well 3 the 4th qrt hero holding call when there hasn't been one called all game

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:47 am

I'm trying not to criticize umps, refs and coaches as I have not tried their jobs and do not truly know all that goes into it. However, I will complain about inconsistent calls like you mentioned previously. Whether we agree with the calls or not does not truly matter; being consistent in what you call does matter and is only fair to the game.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:19 am

Early, early in the season - I heard they were beating a non-district opponent like a drum. The opposing coach took a timeout in the final minute and addressed his home crowd and told them that if they were as good as Crowell they would win with class and not embarass their opponent the way Crowell was embarassing them.

Return to “Texas Basketball”