Shooting for the perfect game!
MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

2016 Baseball

Postby MrBob » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Let's get some baseball talk going on!

Here is the top 20:
http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/2a/2a-p ... -top-20-3/

I see where Refugio is ranked #4, however they got a great player in D"Mond LaFond, the transfer from Cuero. I heard that he has committed to play baseball at Rice. I also heard he had shoulder surgery during the summer, so hopefully, that went well. Flatonia is the pre-season #1. They are also the defending 2015 State Champs. Shiner is #6. They are always tough. Looking forward to a great year. Hopefully the Bishop Badgers can make it to the State Championship in 3A again.
It's a pretty good day when you're on your way and you like where you're going. And you've got what you want and you want what you've got and you're wise enough to know it.

Windthorstfan

Re: 2016 Baseball

Postby Windthorstfan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:23 am

Chatting with the 2A guy on Twitter. D'Mond had Tommy John surgery. Also said the guy that covers 5A said he is one of the fastest players he has ever seen. He's a Pre-season Under Armour All-American.

Philo Beddoe

Postby Philo Beddoe » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:35 am

Gonna be another fun year in Region 4, not to mention our District with Flatonia, Shiner, and even Weimar being very stout. We'll have to fill a couple of infield spots, but have some capable guys ready for their chance in the spotlight.

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Postby MrBob » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Yeah, Refugio got lucky last year and got Shiner in a one game playoff. I do not think Refugio could have won a three game series, but those things happen and are part of the game. Good Luck!
It's a pretty good day when you're on your way and you like where you're going. And you've got what you want and you want what you've got and you're wise enough to know it.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:24 pm

MrBob wrote:Yeah, Refugio got lucky last year and got Shiner in a one game playoff. I do not think Refugio could have won a three game series, but those things happen and are part of the game. Good Luck!

If I had just ..ONE.. UIL rule I could change; it would be to require 3-game playoffs in baseball and softball. Playoff teams should have endurance and backup players to endure a "playoff" and not produce a possible one-hit "game" wonder. I am truly against 1-game playoffs. RANT MODE OFF.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

Philo Beddoe

Postby Philo Beddoe » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:21 am

Yeah, I totally agree, but I don't blame Refugio one bit for playing one game against us, no doubt I would have done the same. We just couldn't come up with a big hit, and finally when we did, it didn't count, lol. It was kinda tough watching Flatonia play in the State game, we dominated them in our last meeting, and man I was looking forward to a 3 game series in the Regional Finals, but it wasn't to be, that's why you play the game. Our #1 stud pitcher is a Sr., stud # 2 is a Jr., kinda think this will be the year if there is ever gonna be one, we'll see.

MrBob
Donating Member 16/17

Postby MrBob » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:39 am

Yeah, the 1 game playoff bit Refugio in 2011 against George West. Refugio had gone all-season undefeated and already beaten GW once but in the first round of the playoffs, GW got Refugio into a 1 game series and Refugio played probably their worst game of the season and lost it. That was probably Refugio's best baseball team ever.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:24 am

In baseball especially, teams don't want 3 game playoffs because they probably only have 1 legit pitcher.

I really don't care if we go 1 game or 3 game playoffs, as long as its consistent. I personally would prefer a 3 game basketball playoff too, I lost a lot of 1 game wonders in my career in basketball.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:24 am

In baseball especially, teams don't want 3 game playoffs because they probably only have 1 legit pitcher.

I really don't care if we go 1 game or 3 game playoffs, as long as its consistent. I personally would prefer a 3 game basketball playoff too, I lost a lot of 1 game wonders in my career in basketball.

TEXASHOLDEM

Postby TEXASHOLDEM » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:30 am

yes the 1 game playoff is a B%&H! Last year Center Point we were undefeated and lost the flip and got in a 1 game playoff vs. Kenedy. But those are the rules we play by and it's tough to swallow, got to regroup for this season. We return a strong core of kids who have played in the Regional Semis and Regional Quarters. We got some valuable experience over that last two seasons that should really help. Region 4 will be a rough road but the winner of our Region should bring home the gold again!!!!!!!!!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:35 am

hardrockers wrote:In baseball especially, teams don't want 3 game playoffs because they probably only have 1 legit pitcher.

I agree with TEXASHOLDEM; One-game playoffs s@ck. The idea of baseball and softball is that they are TEAM sports. It should take the entire team, not just one great pitcher, to win or lose a playoff. Most good playoff teams #2 and/or #3 pitchers will be decent so it should come down to hitting and fielding in games 2 and 3, which is what is should be about. Pitching while important, is still one aspect of the game. I should also not that good coaching and making the correct substitutions during the game are also important.
Most good judgment comes from experience. Most experience comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous

TEXASHOLDEM

Postby TEXASHOLDEM » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:10 am

it's going to be a heck of a ride this season with 4 or 5 teams in the top 10 from Region 4. It will be fun to watch how this plays out.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:53 am

hardrockers wrote:In baseball especially, teams don't want 3 game playoffs because they probably only have 1 legit pitcher.

In your career? Didn't you graduate from Seymour less than 10 years ago? Sounds like you are making excuses!!!

3 games isn't plausible in basketball as the games would have to be on 3 different days talk about dragging out the playoffs - oh wait that is what the NBA does!!!!

There is always a round in the baseball playoffs IIRC that is one game due to finals, graduations etc I think!!!

TEXASHOLDEM

Postby TEXASHOLDEM » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:13 am

Even though we lost last year in a one game playoff and it is tough to swallow, it is with in the rules and some use to their advantage. I don't think they will ever change it so we as fans just have to accept it and hope our boys/girls play that one game without any mistakes.

Philo Beddoe

Postby Philo Beddoe » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:29 am

TEXASHOLDEM wrote:Even though we lost last year in a one game playoff and it is tough to swallow, it is with in the rules and some use to their advantage. I don't think they will ever change it so we as fans just have to accept it and hope our boys/girls play that one game without any mistakes.

You're exactly right, like I said earlier, if I knew the other team was deeper in pitching, I'd do the same thing. A winner take all game is pretty intense though, no doubt about that.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Windthorstfan wrote:

In your career? Didn't you graduate from Seymour less than 10 years ago? Sounds like you are making excuses!!!

3 games isn't plausible in basketball as the games would have to be on 3 different days talk about dragging out the playoffs - oh wait that is what the NBA does!!!!

There is always a round in the baseball playoffs IIRC that is one game due to finals, graduations etc I think!!!

I was kind of joking, we lost to better teams 3/4 years, the one we just didn't show up, under estimated them and they were better that night.

But TBH, the same thing can happen in baseball. Obviously you can play one game out of your mind and advance, does that really make you the better team?

Also,

Yes I graduated from Seymour

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Windthorst Baseball 2016, well this team on paper looks pretty good. Good defense with most starters returning, five different pitchers used last year. We will add an underclassmen lefty who's throws well and a freshman righty as well. Base running was a strength last year with very aggressive base running, mostly successfully steals. Inconsistent batting was an issue. I am hoping after a summer these guys will be stronger and better at the plate as some played summer ball.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Windthorst Baseball 2016, well this team on paper looks pretty good. Good defense with most starters returning, five different pitchers used last year. We will add an underclassmen lefty who's throws well and a freshman righty as well. Base running was a strength last year with very aggressive base running, mostly successfully steals. Inconsistent batting was an issue. I am hoping after a summer these guys will be stronger and better at the plate as some played summer ball.

HORNETdad

Postby HORNETdad » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Muenster - We should be better than last year. Only lost one starter started mostly freshman last year will only lose one starter this year. We gain a freshman who will start infield and pitch .... Very good ball player ... Will be a fun team to watch once basketball loses... Might be a while to get all starters on the field

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:52 am

HORNETdad wrote:Will be a fun team to watch once basketball loses...

You never know get the right bounces and maybe basketball wins to end their season!!!

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:54 am

Windthorst scrimmages at Peaster tomorrow. Who does your team play?

TEXASHOLDEM

Postby TEXASHOLDEM » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:07 am

I wish our boys could play some scrimmages. Center Point I think only has 7 boys out right now, the rest are still in the gym. Practice really gets started on February 17th.

HORNETdad

Postby HORNETdad » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:54 pm

WindthorstDad wrote:Windthorst scrimmages at Peaster tomorrow. Who does your team play?

We scrimmaged Callisburg 3a d1.... Missing 4 starters 3rd,Ss,2nd,OF and still did really well...

Philo Beddoe

Postby Philo Beddoe » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:47 am

Shiner scrimmages 3A Yoakum today, we are missing our best player and another starter, but I'm sure they are missing some too. Ready for some real games next week!

Philo Beddoe

Postby Philo Beddoe » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:23 am

Shiner is off to a 7-0 start, we won the Hallettsville tourney this past weekend and beat 2 4A teams along the way. We threw our #4 in the Championship game and he gave up one run thru 5 innings, only had to pitch our ace an inning and a half the whole tourney. I think this team has a chance to make some majic, gonna find out next week when we get Weimar and Flatonia where we stand.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:33 am

Baseball Scores from 9-2A
Windthorst 7 Archer City 4
Seymour 13 Electra 3
Petrolia 11 Quanah 1

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:58 am

10-2A Scores
3/15 Chico 5 Olney 4 (Tyler Melton led off B7 with a walk off Home Run) Melton was 3-3 in the game with a double as well. Also picked up the win on the mound as he pitched all 7 innings striking out 13.
3/16 Chico 13 Alvord 3

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:41 am

9-2A scores
Archer City 2 Seymour 1
Quanah 15 Electra 5
Windthorst 3 Petrolia 2

Standings after 2 games
Windthorst 2-0
Archer City 1-1
Petrolia 1-1
Quanah 1-1
Seymour 1-1
Electra 0-2

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:33 am

Good ballgame between Petrolia and Windthorst. Pitchers dominated at times, but walks and hit by pitch played large roles in runs scored. We made some plays out in the field that loom large and helped us to win the game.

Petrolia appeared to get the first hit of the game in the top of the 2nd on a ground ball through the right side of the infield but the RF was able to get to the ball quickly and throw the runner out before he got first for the routine 9-3 ground out.

In the bottom of the second we lead off with a single advance to 2nd on a passed ball, two sacrifices later we lead 1-0. Petrolia gets a 1 out single in the top of the 3rd and we boot the ball getting it back into the infield. The runner attempts to advance to 2nd but we get the out. (didn't see the play as I was in the wheat field looking for a foul ball!!)

They strand a lead off walk at 2nd in the T4. We get a lead off double and a 2 out walk and a pick off attempt goes awry moving the runners up to 2nd and 3rd, but we strike out to end the threat.

They get a 1-out walk and another batter walks with 2 outs, but the next batter strikes out to end the threat.

We hit a slow roller up the middle which their second baseman has to field going to his right and his throw to 1st pulls the 1st baseman off the bag. We sacrifice him to 2nd (they didn't cover 2nd). We make a baserunning blunder by running to 3rd on a ball hit to the shortstop but we beat the throw and have runners at the corners with one out. We then hit a sac fly to bring in the run for a 2-0 lead and advance the runner to the 2nd as well. Next batter walks but we hit a soft liner to short for the final out.

We hit their lead off batter, we make a pitching change who walks the 1st batter he sees. They get an infield single to short on a ball in the hole but don't have a play with their speed on the bases. Next batter up singles driving in two to tie the score - the runners advance to 2nd and 3rd on the throw to the plate. We make a pitching change. Next batter hits a pop up to short center behind 2nd base so the runners are unable to advance, next batter fouls out to the 1st baseman. Our LF makes a sliding catch on a sinking liner for the 3rd out to keep the game tied.

We get a 1 out single - steal second with two outs, but get throw out at 3rd on a ball that slightly gets away from catcher.

A 2 out hit by pitch gives them a baserunner in the top of 7 but the next batter strikes out to end the top half.

We get a 1 out walk after the batter fell behind 0-2 in the count, we steal second with 2 outs. The batter hits a hard ground ball into the hole between 2nd and 3rd - their shortstop makes a nice play getting to ball but his only chance at an out is try to get the running going from 2nd to 3rd - not sure if the throw was bad or if the 3rd baseman just missed it but the ball gets to the fence and we walk off with the win.

WindthorstDad

Postby WindthorstDad » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:59 am

I may have missed it above but what was the final score in Petrolia vs Windthorst?

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:07 am

WindthorstDad wrote:I may have missed it above but what was the final score in Petrolia vs Windthorst?

Windthorstfan wrote:9-2A scores
Archer City 2 Seymour 1
Quanah 15 Electra 5
Windthorst 3 Petrolia 2

Standings after 2 games
Windthorst 2-0
Archer City 1-1
Petrolia 1-1
Quanah 1-1
Seymour 1-1
Electra 0-2

Philo Beddoe

Postby Philo Beddoe » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:26 am

Shiner loses it's first game of the season last night to Weimar, 7-6 in 9 innings. District 28 is gonna be a good one, 3 teams that are very evenly matched and all very good! We could've won it in the 8th, but luck was on their side, we had a guy on 2nd with 2 outs, our best hitter at the plate, he hits a blast to right/center, the right fielder barely gets a glove on it, it deflects up in the air, and the center fielder dives and catches the ball. Gotta love it, just wasn't meant to be I guess.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:05 pm

District 9-2A Scores
Archer City 12 Quanah 2
Petrolia 12 Electra 2
Windthorst 7 Seymour 6 (10)

Standings after 3 games
Windthorst 3-0
Archer City 2-1
Petrolia 2-1
Seymour 1-2
Quanah 1-2
Electra 0-3

Trojans with the walk off win in the bottom of the tenth. Seymour left 18 on base and we left 12.

1st
Seymour opened the scoring in the top of the 1st with a triple and a ground out to take 1-0 lead after the top of 1st.
We would get a 1 out single and steal 2nd and advance to 3rd on a fly out, but strand the runner.

2nd
Seymour would get a 1 out triple in the top of the second but a strike out and ground out ended the inning in the second
One out walk was advanced to second on a ground out but was stranded

3rd
With one out we committed an error which allowed the runner to get on then take second on another error. Next batter hits it to the shortstop and the runner unwisely goes to the third but we make a poor throw and gets by the 3rd baseman. The runner attempts to score and we make another bad throw allowing the runner to score to make it 2-0 and the batter advanced to 2nd but a strike out and ground out get us out of the inning.

A one walk walk and an error puts runners on 1st and 2nd, we bunt for a base hit moving the runners up and the runner on second who moved to third scores on the play, runner moves to 3rd as well on throw home, we steal 2nd, but a fly out and a thrown out a home end the inning with us trailing 2-1.

4th
HBP advanced to 2nd on error in which we had the runner picked off, single advances him to 3rd and a HBP loads the bases. Strike out the next batter, but on a 0-2 count they hit a double that scores 2. Next batter hits it to 3rd and we throw the runner out at the plate. A single drives in another run before a ground out ends the inning for a 5-1 lead.

We get back to back walks - he hit the ball hard but they have a shift on in the outfield (since the wind is blowing 20+ MPH to right field, where their RF is more or less playing 3 steps off the foul line, CF is playing in the RF gap and the LF is in the LF gap) the RF makes the catch, we then ground out moving the runners up a base and then a strike out ends the ending

5th
Back to back errors put runners on 1st and 2nd - wild pitch moves runners up to 2nd and 3rd, back to back strike outs followed by a HBP loads the bases but a fly out to CF ends the threat

We start the inning with back to back singles and steal 2nd and 3rd and score on error by the catcher on the play, we get the runner over to 3rd with 2 outs but strand him there.

6th
Walk to start the inning, pitching change, strike out, single puts runners at 1st and 2nd, runners move up a base on a sacrifice, but the inning ends on a ground out

A double and a single put runners on the corners with no outs, we steal 2nd but next batter hits it to the pitcher who throws the runner out at the plate batter alertly takes second seeing no one is covering the bag, we ground out and can't move the runners and then strike out to end the inning.

7th
An errors allows the 1st batter to get to second, a walk, and HBP with an 0-2 count loads the bases with no out but a strike out, foul out to 1st base, and a ground out end the threat

A double, an infield single, and another single load the bases with no outs - we score on a passed ball for 3-5 moving runners to 2nd and 3rd, strike out for out #1, a single ties the game up, steal 2nd, a single moves the runner to 3rd and the batter takes 2nd on indifference, but a strike out and fielder interference end the inning.

8th
An error, single, strike out, single loaded the bases - we get a strike out appear to get out on another inning unscathed on a flair to short left field but our players collide jarring the ball loose allowing a run to score, but we get out of further damage with a fly out.

Pitching change - walk the 1st batter, we start the runner on a 3-1 count, the catcher throws down to 2nd on ball four our runner would have been out by 3 steps, they throw the ball back to the pitcher our baserunner thinking he is out starts to head for the dugout, before being told to get back on base (fortunately for us we he was able to get back on base) first out of the inning gets the runner going from 1st to 2nd, putting runners at the corners with one out. Steal second, infield hit brings in the run moves runner to 3rd, FC to the plate for the 2nd out, then ground out to end the inning.

9th
HBP, ground out moved runner to second, wild pitch moved him to 3rd, but a ground out to the pitcher followed by another ground out end the inning.

Single, Caught Stealing, Walk, fly ball to CF is trapped but our base runner cannot tell if it was caught or not and is forced out at 2nd, foul out to 1st ends inning

10th
They get a one out single, but the next two batters hit into ground outs

One out single, Fielders choice gets the lead runner for out #2, walk, pitching change, walk on 5 pitches to load bases, 3-2 count our batter laces a rope back up the middle for the walk off hit.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:49 am

District 9-2A Scores
Archer City 13 Electra 0
Seymour 11 Petrolia 4

Standings after 4 games
Windthorst 3-0
Archer City 3-1
Seymour 2-2
Petrolia 2-2
Quanah 1-2
Electra 0-4

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:15 am

Seymour beat Quanah 9-8 last night. I think there were only 3 maybe 4 base hits total in the game, the rest were errors or walks.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:01 am

hardrockers wrote:Seymour beat Quanah 9-8 last night. I think there were only 3 maybe 4 base hits total in the game, the rest were errors or walks.

Just like the football stats Seymour has a kind scorer!!! Seymour Gamechanger scorer had Quanah with 3 hits and Seymour with 5, Quanah walked 7 times and Seymour 8 times. Quanah ROE once and Seymour twice.

Other District 9 Scores
Archer City 7 Petrolia 5
Windthorst 16 Electra 5

Standings
Windthorst 4-0
Archer City 4-1
Seymour 3-2
Petrolia 2-3
Quanah 1-3
Electra 0-5

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:11 am

Still Undefeated

#1 Beckville (13-0-1)
#2 Refugio (11-0)
#5 Bosqueville (13-0)
#8 Chico (13-0-1)

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:37 am

Ya, kind stats people... Olney-Electra Softball game, with 39 hits total. Like seriously, be realistic at least.

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:49 pm

#5 Bosqueville 14-10 #11Crawford, in District 14-2A baseball battle.

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:20 pm

http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/basebal ... sition=all

Category: 2A Batting Average Stat Leaders..Top 10..
...............Name....................School..Pos..BA..PA..H..AB..2B..3B..HR..GP
1 Tyler Melton - Sr................Chico RHP, 3B .763 52 29 38 11 3 7 15
2 Jaques Faulk - Sr.............Grapeland P, OF .684 25 13 19 4 1......7
3 Jaicob Flores - Sr...Kaufer (Riviera) 3B, RHP .660 59 31 47 8 4 1 16
4 Brandon Adams...........................Ben Bolt .632 22 12 19 2 3 0 8
5 Carson Fuentes - Fr....................McCamey .615 32 16 26 8 1 0 10
6 Marshall Anderson-Jr......Sulphur Bluff C, P .600 31 15 25 4 1 2 9
7 Christian Martinez - So...........Rotan INF, C .581 45 18 31 3 4 1 13
8 Riley Chipman - Jr........Grapeland P, UTIL .577 30 15 26 4.......7
9 D Lafond..................................Refugio .571 39 16 28 5 3 0 10

* Must have at least 21 plate appearances.

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:09 pm

Apr. 1....2A Region 2..District 13 Varsity Baseball.

(1-4-0..1-3) Lipan-vs-Santo (0-5..3-8-0) * 4:30

(7-4-0..3-2) Gorman-vs-Gordon (2-2..2-5-0) * 5:00

(8-5-0..5-0) Tolar-vs-De Leon (5-0..10-5-0) * 7:00

(1-8-0.1-5) Ranger is Open.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:55 pm

Quanah Beat Petrolia 2-0 Last night, and I believe Seymour beat Electra 22-2

Bearcat77

Postby Bearcat77 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:09 pm

....2A Region 2..District 13 Varsity Baseball.
(9-5-0..6-0) Tolar 4-2 De Leon (5-1..10-6-0) *

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:51 am

hardrockers wrote:Quanah Beat Petrolia 2-0 Last night, and I believe Seymour beat Electra 22-2

Windthorst 6 Archer City 4

Standings
Standings
Windthorst 5-0
Archer City 4-2
Seymour 4-2
Quanah 2-3
Petrolia 2-4
Electra 0-6

Key games this week
Seymour hosts Archer City Tuesday, and Windthorst Friday
Windthorst travels to Petrolia Tuesday.

Barton threw 106 pitches in 6 innings on March 18 against AC in a 2-1 loss then threw 137 pitches in 7 innings of work 4 days later against Windthorst, but hasn't pitched since. He has been in the line-up though playing shortstop. Seymour probably needs to hope for rain in order for him to throw against both teams.

Mataska only threw approx 30 pitches in Friday's 2-0 loss so pretty sure he will be on the bump for Petrolia on Tuesday

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:08 am

Windthorst obviously the best team in the district, but the gap isn't very large. Pretty competitive district so far.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:26 am

hardrockers wrote:Windthorst obviously the best team in the district, but the gap isn't very large. Pretty competitive district so far.

I don't know about best team per se, just have knack for finding a way to win. Everyone seems to throw their ace at us. Belcher quote from TRN story on AC game:

A LONG WAY FROM OVER: "We may be at the top right now," Belcher said. "But this is a long way from over. The quality of pitchers we have in this district is unbelievable.

"Archer City has Kyle, Petrolia has Mataska. Seymour has Barton. Any of those guys could beat any team on a given night. I'm not just talking about in our district, I'm talking about any team. If one of those guys is locked in, well I hope it ain't against us."

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:33 am

A friend at AC told me that no matter how well they play against y'all, you find a way to win.

Like I said, the separation of the teams is very very thin.

Quanah and Petrolia will more than likely end up having to do a playoff game.

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:50 am

It's important to not finish 3rd or 4th in district and have to face Chico or Olney. Olney did lose to Perrin-Whitt Friday?

Windthorstfan

Postby Windthorstfan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:58 am

hardrockers wrote:Quanah and Petrolia will more than likely end up having to do a playoff game.

Petrolia is dangerous if Mataska is on and they play good defense behind him. They occasionally get in trouble when their defense lets them down thus giving their opponent extra outs.

hardrockers

Postby hardrockers » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:58 am

Windthorstfan wrote:It's important to not finish 3rd or 4th in district and have to face Chico or Olney. Olney did lose to Perrin-Whitt Friday?

Its a little late for considering that on Quanah or Petrolia's part. lol

Return to “Texas Baseball”